[Off-topic] Anti-twitter campaign part of UK election interference in US elections?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Dont think jolla got pressured by the people but from the change in the way the twitter apis work/cost etc.

At the end of the day the OS itself doesn’t need to support anything like that (twitter, facebook, mastodon, etc) in its core. It just needs a way (api) for the devs to get the notifications appear to the screen. And this is missing.

No, I mean abandoning their twitter account, the still biggest microblogging platform no matter how many attempts at ‘killing musk’s twitter’ there were and alternatives (threads, bluesky, mastodon…) rose up, from company pov, you shouldn’t start exclusively microblogging on a platform with few% reach if it’s about PR/marketing? Copy pasting your mastodon posts would literally take few seconds, but here we are, the smear campaign was successful and I’m not really sure jolla should be swayed by any political campaigns like that, you either want to advertise to the public (microblogging) or not

2 Likes

Remember that Musk started to make client apps impossible? He did everything to make Twitter ugly.
Once I commented on someone’s repost of a message by Marjorie Taylor Greene. Thereafter I got messages of her myself. One evening I said that I didn’t like that the algorithm sent me more of her and that I wanted to bkock her. The following morning Twitter suspended me. I could come back if I paid. (!)
I am glad to be free from that gutter.
Bluesky is much nicer.

I doubt if England can do anything about Twitter. So many are addicted to it.
Besides, the encounter between Britons and Harris got a lot of criticism also in England.
Russian interference exists for such a long time that it surprises nobody anymore.

@Kea please provide a proof for RU interference or just stop politicizing the forum with fake news/information.
Even if you believe something, it doesn’t mean it is true and we do not want to argue here about your belief.
Thank you!

2 Likes

I thought it to be good that this topic was closed, but since you are reacting personally I feel the need to respond. The difference between fact and fiction was an important subject in one of my academic studies. You can trust me, what I said about Ru was not fiction nor faith. Giving evidence would take many pages. It’s off topic. Of course this discussion should not have been started here.