Now tablets are a thing again.... Is there any interest from the porting community?

Does it suppirt waydroid?

Yes, it supports Waydroid.

2 Likes

The picture shows waydroid running, doesnt it? How long does the tablet work once fully charged? I assume that browsing the net is fine with either sfos browser and angelfish?

How good are Lenovo supporting device unlocking/flashing/binaries?

Re: the global release of a refreshed Legion Tab:

1 Like

Volla is publishing a tablet and announced Ubuntu touch support for it:
https://volla.online/de/blog/files/march-update-24.html (only german language)
I would love to see Sailfish on that…

5 Likes

Less painfull than the German translation

4 Likes

Don’t we all? Is there a pre order option?
I’ve been waiting for almost ten years for a Sailfish tablet (ordered two times and none of them were delivered). :slightly_frowning_face:
Now I would actually be happy with a Ubuntu Touch one.

3 Likes

The blog says Preorder starts from april

3 Likes

They should really go for an official cooperation with Volla. Even that Volla is small, they achieve to get the hardware for their “software”. Jolla has the “software” but not the hardware. So it could be a win win situation. Jolla gets hardware, Volla a higher amount of devices which results in cheaper prices. Its Gigaset hardware, so european quality, and gor sure there would be a bigger community for Volla phones and tablets with SFOS. So actually i don’t see any risk in such a cooperation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wonder if the tablet is also gigaset hardware. I wasn’t aware that they have tablets in their product portfolio