Norwegian banking apps and Vipps

Hi. I’m considering buying Sailfish OS.

I have a question to any Norwegian ppl.

Can I use the one time password app from Sparebank1?(Bank ID) And the banking app Vipps?

And is it safe to get them from Aptoide? or any of the other app stores.

Hey and welcome, hope I can help you at least a little bit! Sadly, I couldn’t find any information on Vipps, but there there was a mention about the Norwegian Bank ID.

Using Aptoide is not advised due to safety hazards.

Instead, I recommend using Aurora store, although Google is trying to restrict its use and therefore anonymous sessions are having problems right now.

1 Like

To use Aurora store, just open the google play web page with Firefox. Then press the three dots on top right of Firefox and chose “open in app”. Then chose Aurora. And voila, you can install the app with Aurora.

5 Likes

Hei og hopp :slight_smile:

BankID works nicely, I have not tried Vipps.
As the others have said; Aurora store / F-Droid is the best way to get Android programs.

Hilsen meg.

2 Likes

Hei!

I tried Vipps on my X 10 II, but it doesn’t work without Google Services. I don’t wont to have Google on my phone so there is no chance for Vipps under SFOS.

Hilsen Klaus

Install microG (fakestore). You can use F-droid to install it. You can find help on the internet (use duckduckgo).

I tried this. I registered the repository “F-Droid repository - microG Project” in F-droid and found MicroG Services and MicroG Companion. Do I have to install both of them? Don’t have found a “fakestore”.

Hilsen Klaus

Previously you will have been seeing a FakeStore icon. Today you will only see mucroG Settings icon.
If you still have issues wirh this, I will try to find the instructions again. Remember that I did have an issue with the process where I have to mark all services.
Maybe someone else have the instructions also :relaxed:

Install both MicroG Services and MicroG Companion, and you are good to go.

1 Like

I did so. How do I have to configurate MicroG to get Vipps to work?

Hilsen Klaus

Well, I don’t know for sure about Vips, but I use Swedish Swish, which is very similar.
I did what almost every thread about MicroG says. Tick all the upper Self Check settings in MicroG settings.
To make that happen, I first had to turn of the Android AppSupport setting, system packet verification.

This work also for me. Thank you! Only the checkboxes for locating my device I didn’t tick. It works anyway. But the registration for Vipps is stupid! Do we only know Chrome as a Browser??? It’s needed for identifying myself for the app…

Takk for hjelpen!
Hilsen Klaus

1 Like

I gave up this project. MicroG was crashing my hole Android-installation. All the apps, that worked before installing MicroG was afterwards only working in Wifi, but not with mobile data. Hopeless. I deleted everything with Android, also app-support from SFOS and installed all again, without MicroG. Now Android works again and I now give a shit on Vipps. I lived without it for many years now and I will do so for the next decades also.