Non-slip material TOH

How about just a simple TOH but made from or covered with a non-slip material? I guess I could just try to buy some alcantara or similar and glue some on myself but I’m not really that handy… Something a bit more professional looking. The hard plastic cover is just so slippery and I don’t want to always use the protective cover.

I’m not aware of anyone trying that, but I guess it would be nice.
But I really wonder how is it possible that the plastic feels slippery to you.
Cause from my perspective I find it extremely grippy. Much better than any glass or metal device I have.

I don’t know. It just feels slippery to me. Maybe I’ll order an extra back cover and try some diy.

Printing my “cTOH-M” in nylon, or ordering an SLS print of tgat model from mypcb or s competitor would do the trick I think.

1 Like

Wouldn’t TPU also work? In general, haven’t checked your TOH yet. Once my JP2 arrives I definitely plan to play around with creating a TPU case.

Yes TPU is maybe even a better option for grip. I would choose a lower flexibility TPU version, to ensure the TOH clips securely in place.

So far the softest material I tested was PP, that can be considered a semi flexible material. (I would not recommend PP though)

Alternatively, you can print in ASA and experiment with corse or semi corse sandimg paper. I like the hand feel ASA but if it remains corse the grip shoukd be stronger.