No video in Piepmatz under OS 3.4.0.22

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100% on my device
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.22
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE:English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

since updating to 3.4.0.22, the Piepmatz twitter client can’t show videos anymore. It seems to load on click (some activity showing), but no video plays. The image remains still.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. take your XA2
  2. update to 3.4.0.22
  3. install Piepmatz twitter client
  4. uninstall and re install Piepmatz twitter client
  5. try pkcon refresh / pkon update

EXPECTED RESULT:

Piepmatz should be playing videos, as it did under OS 3.3

ACTUAL RESULT:

Piepmatz does not play any videos in twitter

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

1 Like

Did you contact the developer?

I wrote him on Openrepos and then I felt I’d like to know if I am the only one. No anwer from him, yet. But thank you, I’ve just sent him a eMail. It could be a App problem, or a OS problem, after all.

1 Like

Ok, great.

I don’t think it makes much sense reporting here these kind of bugs from third party apps. If the dev detects a problem with the OS, I guess he will make a bug report here.

yes, true…
If this is a bug from a third party app, then o.k… What if it’s a bug in the OS, or within the ecosystem? Not being a dev - I just happen to experience something not working as it should, and, so far, this seems to be a solitary issue happening on my phone only and not on many others.
I am not able (yet) to analyze where this bug might be triggered from, and this is why I ask the community. Soemone might know.

The dev will find out and report it here with a better description of the problem.

1 Like

Yeah, devs do not get email or other notification on comments on Openrepos unfortunately. So unless they check regularly they might miss a comment.

It’s probably better to create an issue at github if you have an account:

he has put his email in the ‘about Piepmatz’ dialog, so let’s see.

with update to 3.4.0.24, Piepmatz twitter client plays videos correctly again :wink:

2 Likes