No sound from loudspeaker when calling Sony Xperia III v4.4.0.72 - solved

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100 %
OS VERSION: 4.7.2
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia III
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

All calls over the phone network which go out or come in have no sound, no matter if the normal or the outside speaker is on. But the other side can hear you.

You can make normal calls via Telegramm, Whatsapp and Threema.

PRECONDITIONS:

no precondition

Installed 3 months ago. The phone worked without problems until yesterday when calling

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. 2 x restart the phone
  2. make a call, or become a call no sound of the normal and the outside speaker

EXPECTED RESULT:

make a call with sound of the normal and the outside speaker

ACTUAL RESULT:

no sound

MODIFICATIONS:

is installed
CHUM
Storeman
Aurora Store
F-Droid Store

nothing installed or uninstalled in the last month

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

no idea how to log this, but with guidance I like to log.

SOLVED

Problem lay with the network operator O2

I experience the same behaviour today. Maybe it is a problem with the mobile network. I’m using T-Online Germany.

I think this is not a bug.

The phone has an O2 Germany simcard, my other sailfish phone Sony Xperia XA2 with T-Mobile works.

The only person i could test this, also has an O2 sim, so maybe it is a problem with the o2 network.

Thanks for the fast answer. I’l be reponsive when it works in the O2 Network.

That should be easy to verify by using a non-Sailfish phone with either of these SIM cards/networks, right?

Just called another person using the o2 network and everything was working fine.

We drive afternoon in a neightbourhood town. There have we no a problems with calls.

Thanks for the report and discussion, and for ultimately figuring out that the issue was with your network provider.

I’ve tagged it as “fixed” and will also close it, since it’s resolved. If there’s more to discussion that anyone would like to have on this, please message me and I can re-open it.