No SMS-functionality with Bluetooth-connected car

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100% (always)
OSVERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia 10 III - xqbt52 - xqbt52 - 1.0.0.142 - aarch64
UI LANGUAGE: Deutsch (user: de_DE, os: de_DE.utf8)
REGRESSION: no

DESCRIPTION:

The option SMS is not available with the car-communication-system (neither sending nor receiving).

PRECONDITIONS:

Bluetooth-connection to car established (Mazda 3, built in 2015, phoning via Bluetooth works fine).

EXPECTED RESULTS:

Send/get a normal SMS via car-communication system.

ACTUAL RESULTS:

‘SMS’-field is gray, i.e. inactive.

MODIFICATIONS:

• Patchmanager: no
  • OpenRepos: yes
  • Chum: yes
  • Other:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

the initial version of this bug report was created using Bugger v0.9.6

2 Likes

Does this work with Android?

And when you go to the BT Settings in the phone and to the device (car) what protocols/profiles are listed there. On my Honda AFAIR it is only A2DP, AVRCP and HFP.

I can second this. My partner’s Subaru BRZ does not have sms functionality. Bluetooth works (mostly) well otherwise. This is through SFOS, not android. Xperia - lang EN

1 Like

This is a feature request rather than a bug. These is no implementation of MAP profile.

2 Likes

It worked perfect with Android-phones.

I don’t know how to get the information about protocols. In the car-Bluetooth management, I discovered that the Xperia is shown with its MAC instead of its name (already discussed in another topic).

Edit (additional information): The battery-Symbol in the car-display shows always 100%, independent from the real, actual battery state of the phone.

1 Like

Hi Nephros,
your link shows your future request from Oct '20.
Do you think this will be established / supported in the next time?

Answering this is pure guesswork obviously. My estimation is no and probably never.

Unless there is a community effort to implement the missing bits of MAP and MSP profiles/protocols. Ideally done in the SFOS fork of bluez5/obex and getting that merged into SFOS proper.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this @Speedy-10, and nice to see you using Bugger to post it :slight_smile:

In the interests of keeping things clear, and following @nephros’s suggestion, I’ve moved this to the Feature Requests category; I hope that’s okay, but it’s likely to get more appropriate consideration there.

1 Like

Thnaks for your work.

@Jolla: Are there plans to provide an " implementation of MAP profile" like nephros stated above?

Is someone of the community working on that?

Comparing to the other OS’s this seems to me a standard feature, that should be implemented in SFOS, too.