No new languages in Jolla account Language sellection field

REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Lithuanian
REGRESSION: NO.

DESCRIPTION:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1) Login to Jolla account web page, profile sub-page.
  2) Open language selection field.
  3) Have no possibility to select Lithuanian (and several other languages) from language list which is available  in Sailfish OS.
  4) Jolla apps in the Jolla store are displayed in the language which is selected in Jolla acount profile.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Login to your Jolla account and select any language Sailfish OS localisation has been implemented on the phone. Jolla apps in the Jolla store are displayed in your language (as they are correctly displayed in app grid).

ACTUAL RESULT:

Not possible to select Lithuanian (and several other languages) which can be selected on the phone. Jolla apps in the store are displayed in the language which is selected in the account profile, but not in the language which is on the mobile phone (Jolla app names in app grid are displayed correctly in Lithuanian).

MODIFICATIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Perhaps the same applies to many other new languages (Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Slovene, Slovak, etc.) which were added to Sailfish OS in the latter years, as the language set in Jolla account page is limited to the languages probably from the Jolla-C times.

1 Like

Hi.

This is most likely due to this:

A very old bug.

2 Likes

Thank you. So its a duplicate post and the already known bug.
It have come to my notice rather long ago the wrong language in Jolla store, only I have thought this was due to my initial Jolla account settings, and only now I tried to change language in the Jolla account settings, and found out it was not possible.

Even though this is a long standing issue, which has been discussed already in together.jolla.com, I couldn’t find any bug report about it in our internal bug tracker. I created one now.

1 Like