No contact favorites after upgrade to 4.0.1.48, sync fails

REPRODUCIBILITY 100 %
BUILD ID = Sailfish Mobile OS RUS 4.0 4.0.1.48+omp0.1.3.48 (Koli)
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): INOI R7
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

Can’t set favorite star in contacts. They are not visible in favorites and are still blanked out. After deleting all contacts and try to resync nothing happens. Syncing failed.

PRECONDITIONS:

Fresh sync from a standard CARDDAV/CALDAV Server.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Delete Contacts, ReSync
  2. Reboot
  3. ReSync -> Failed. Contacts can’t sync anymore,

EXPECTED RESULT:

Setting favorites

ACTUAL RESULT:

Failed every time.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

Are all your contacts external (i.e., none local)? What service are you using (e.g., Nextcloud)? Is it possible for you to see the journal and attach logs when you try to set favourites and when you are sync’ing?

Detailed sync logs as per https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Sync_Logs would definitely be useful.

Hey. Thanks for the answers. Nothing helped at all.
First: I tried owncloud (local 10.7.) and nextcloud (local 21.0.2.) on a linux box for syncing contacts and calendars. Evolution and Android clients work well, so the installation is correct.
I use a fresh install of Sailfish Koli 4.0.1.48. No further update available. Tried out
“CalDAV and CardDav” Account for all three providers → all failed, calendars can’t be synced.
“Nextcloud” account for both owncloud and nextcloud instances failed → calendars can’t be synced
Only one addressbook of the owncloud (personal) instance can be synced incl. the contact birthdays (lol)
I tried to log the process as chris.adams recommends. Failed on the fresh install “Failed to register to D-Bus (D-Bus not started or msyncd already running?), aborting start”.
I have no idea how to sync the contacts and calendars. This would be the first step to use the nextcloud client on sailfish. Perhaps in the future the nextcloud account could sync images, notifications, backups and the other promised features.
Thank You for any idea.
Cheers