Nextcloud Integration: support more than one Images path

The native NC integration can show images from remote cloud storage, and supports specifying the path to look for images in the Settings.

e.g. https://nc.example.org/dav/files/username/Photos

Nextcloud however can have more than one location where images are stored, e.g. through group folders, or when images are stored not only in the default /Photos path but elsewhere under /Files.

Request: support more than one of those paths, so users can add such locations.

Ideas/Notes/other:

• Adding such a path should be possible in the Account Settings of a given NC account
  • Additional paths should show up in Gallery under the same location the first/default path shows up as, possibly displayed as a “sub-album” ( “More Albums…”)
  • AFAICS adding such a new path needs “just” another sync profile for Buteo, and a second/third/… “nextcloud-iimages” service.

Workaround
While I have not tried that, it’s likely that adding another NC account on the same server, but specifying the additional path instead of the default /Photos location can serve as a workaround.

8 Likes

this and also allow to specify alias for an account. If I have multiple Nextcloud accounts with the same login then on the list I don’t know which one is which so the workaround proposed by you will be tricky to edit.

EDIT:
actually the problem is even worse as I see the same issue in the sharing dialog. So two nextcloud accounts both with the same name.

1 Like