Network crashes from time to time

REPRODUCIBILITY: difficult
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.18
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

Since the update to 4.15, I have now had the problem for the fourth time that the network connection is interrupted from one moment to the next. Stopping/starting the WLAN and/or mobile phone does not help, nor does restarting the network from the utilities. Only a complete reboot of the mobile phone solves the problem.

PRECONDITIONS:

Problem did not occur before 4.5.0.16.
I am not using the Android App Support – only pure Sailfish OS.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Unfortunately I don’t know a way to reproduce the problem.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Network should be stable.

ACTUAL RESULT:

The mobile phone shows that all network connections are OK, but no connection is possible. Stopping and restarting the connections (WLAN/Mobile) does not help either. The connections are still shown as OK, but it is not possible to establish a connection with the browser or retrieve mails.

MODIFICATIONS:

There is no change made to the plain Sailfish 4.5.0.18. I have the problem on two phones. One of them has only the default apps installed which come with the basic installation and the problem also occured on that phone.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Some questions, that may help to solve the problem:

If I understood correctly, you experience this problem regardless of connection type (WLAN / mobile)? Can you estimate how often this happens? If it happens regularly enough, would you be willing to gather some logs? Could this issue emerge, when the connection changes from WLAN to mobile or vice versa?

Your understanding is correct.
This happens probabely once a week. Nevertheless I am willing to gather the logs.
Last time the problem occured no WLAN was available – so a switch is unlikely to cause the problem.

I may have a lead. When I got off the lift, I was confronted with the described bug.

Note: In the settings, the data connection was noted as limited and no Internet access was possible. It was only after activating and deactivating the flight mode that I fixed the problem.