Network connection freezes in WLAN with FritzBox

I have the same behavior in Sailfish OS 4.4.0.58 (Vanha Rauma) with Xperia X device. Network is stuck sporadically, need to Volume Up + Power (hard reset) to be able to reboot and get back to network access.

I started with Sailfish OS 3.x, and did not had that problem in the beginning. I do not remember when it happend the first time, but it happens at least since 4.2.

I also have a Fritz Router, and test to disable the above mentioned Wifi Channel Settings from @matebovate now.

This bug is really a problem, since I cannot rely that I’m available to the outside world. I use Sailfish OS as a business phone, and want to keep it that way. But I need a solution for this. Will report if the channel settings make any difference.

I have recently had to swap from an ASUS router to a Fritz!box. My Xperia X has suffered from the same problems described above since installing the Fritzbox. This seems to hang the whole phone - no new apps will open. Though already open apps and the Home Screen remain responsive. Even the utilities app won’t open to restart network connections. Also, the GUI Restart button, does not work. Phone half powers down, and is left screen off but RED LED on. Power and volume up is the only way put.
Annoying problem. Sailfish X 4.4.0.64, Xperia X F5122.
Mesh is enabled, will play with settings as suggested.

After a long test period I have the following result:

Only if I set the WLAN settings in the Fritz box exactly as specified by @matebovate does the WLAN work properly over the long term.
The problem is clearly the automatic switching between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Since it is still unknown whether the problem lies with AVM or Sailfish, this function will probably have to be dispensed with for a long time to come.

The issue is still present in current SFOS versions?

Can we confirm that the root cause are the network switching problems?

I have a 6590 Cable and 2 600er repeaters in mesh config. Both 2.4 and 5 ghz connections work reliably with the Volla and Xperia phones. The only thing that’s odd is that the fritzbox doesn’t always ‘see’ clients from the repeaters (but routes traffic reliably anyway). In general, 2.4 seems to be established more often…

Correction, the box ‘sees’ the repeater clients in the mesh overview, but doesn’t show them as directly connected. Which makes sense.

Thus the issue is resolved?

Still no problems with 10 III.

I am still having major problems. I followed the suggestions from @matebovate. This seemed to fix the problem, and wifi was working well. However, following an update to Fritz!OS a couple of weeks ago the problem is back. I have checked the router, and the suggested setting changes from @matebovate are still active.
I have had to give up on wifi. If I have it on, my phone enters a panic state relatively quickly. All the symptoms I described above. Including most terminal commands seeming to silently fail. Hard reset is all I can do, outside of the wifi network range. Otherwise, on reboot the phone reconnects quicker than I can turn wifi off.
If anyone has any ideas that would be fantastic.
I keep meaning to move the 2.4g and 5g to seperate SSID names, but haven’t had a chance.
I am also meaning to get my Pro1X running 4.4.0.72 onto the wifi to see if the problem is SFOS generally or Xperia X specific.
It’s worth noting that all other devices seem happy: iPad, iPhone, 8yo ubuntu laptop, old Pixel… Nothing else has caused any dramas.
Xperia X, 4.4.0.72 combined with the latest Fritz!OS from Fritz!Lab.
Any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried disabling 5G just to see? That’d be my first step.