Nearby devices/Bluetooth for Mobile BankID app

REPRODUCIBILITY:
OS VERSION: 4.5
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: No

DESCRIPTION:

Since the latest update of Mobile BankID app for Sweden it is now needing Bluetooth to connect to nearby devices during setup mode.

Sailfish is unable to use nearby devices from what I can see so I can never complete the setup.

I did also try using another mobile and installing a version prior to this update but that didn’t work either. And anything too old displays a message that the app is too old.

I also tried physically pairing the mobile via bluetooth with the other mobile as you need another to install then scan a QR code on the other mobile to set up mobile bankid on a new device.

PRECONDITIONS:

Another mobile and a banking app in Sweden to setup mobile BankID on a new device.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open banking software on a mobile
  2. Add a new bankid
  3. Go thru the process then scan the QR code with the new mobile ie sailfish os mobile

EXPECTED RESULT:

Complete the setup process by finding the new device via nearby devices. This is a new security feature.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Unable to complete the process as it cannot find the sailfish mobile via bluetooth nearby devices.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Bluetooth is not supported in Android App Support with the exception of routing through Audio.

This is bad now If I ever lose my current device and have to set it up again… It might also crush my dream of upgrading to X10V :frowning:

1 Like

Luckily I have a 3rd backup old Pixel but it’s a shame this is now an issue when apps are trying to be extra secure especially banking apps.

1 Like

Even when trying to set up from a computer or at a physical bank office?
Surely not?

Same with fingerprints if your android app wants to use those, which some banking apps do.

Luckily for mine it is still optional and the app does not just crash.