After having some issues with mime types and, mostly microtube, I’ve ended up having three browser icons in the menu. Not sure how I managed that, but I’d like to get rid of the two. Any ides or pointers where I need to look? Thanks!
Same problem here, I even have 4 browser icons now, lol
(but only in the app grid, in the “open with”-menu there is only one browser)
I fixed this by removing
(Move it somewhere so you can put it back if needed.)
I remember I deleted this exact file, seeing this tip somewhere already. Is there some file or folder where the icons for the menu are being kept? For example /usr/share/applications has a lot of *.desktop files, but I don’t think this is the correct place for that.
Never mess with things in that folder. All that matters is
The way for me to fix it was:
- Create a backup of
- look for all lines that are not
x-url-handler; this means usually document MIME types such as
If there are any that associate a document type with either
sailfish-browser.desktop, remove that line.
NB: do not do this as root, do this as regular user! Especially that last step!
Just for fun, the icons in the Launcher are configured in
~/.config/lipstick/applications.menu. You can look at that file and see the multiple entries for the browser there. After the last step from the recipe above, they should dis-appear.
To get the changes visible, restart Lipstick/Homescreen, either from Sailfish Utilities, or with
systemctl --user restart lipstick.
Thanks for pointing out where the menu entries file is. I had three entries there, removing the two did the trick.
As for the mimeinfo.cache, I don’t have any entries there. Only when I install microtube do I have two entries, but, as I said, these are causing some issues, and even if I manually remove them or the microtube-url.desktop from the ~/.local/share/applications folder, the app recreates them. But that is something for another bug/issue.