Modern Authentication (Oauth) support for the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (e-mail, contacts, calendar)

And the don’t offer Application passowrds?
Both outlook and business office365 allowed me to do that in account settings, then I could use that instead of password and it has been working great on SFOS since.

Somehow I am able to log in using thunderbird, but not using the mail client on Sailfish. I’m using the same username, password and server settings.

I don’t see application passwords in my Office 365 account settings, nor can I add a device in devices.

I can create an app password here, logged in with my work account: My Sign-Ins
Hope it works for you, as a temporary workaround. But yeah, I also hope they are able to introduce Oauth, so mail can work reliably for everyone.

1 Like

I’m also using app passwords. Since app passwords are application-specific, this could explain why the password you use for Thunderbird isn’t working on Sailfish @0nn0: you’d need to generate a separate password to use there.

2 Likes

Not all exchange setups allow app password tho, that’s my case for some time now.

3 Likes

I can’t find the option when I go to my account in the office 365 web environment for my company.

Some companies and institutions may have disabled this. This is the case for my university and its IT department is not willing to grant an exception to individuals, sadly.

2 Likes

I can edit the App-Passwords under Microsoft-Account → Security → Enhanced Security Options → App-Passwords (Create New or Remove).

But maybe this Security-Policy is controlled by your Administrator.

1 Like

My company uses “Conditional Access based multi-factor authentication policies”.
App passwords don’t work with Conditional Access MFA.

1 Like

For anyone interested in this topic, we plan to have some discussion about it in the Community Meeting tomorrow morning. Feel free to join us (or take a look at the minutes if you’re reading this after the event):