Mobilepay now needs Google Play Services

Unfortunately the same result with a just-booted phone: once the authentication result goes through, Cromite does not return correctly to Mobilepay (this time tried both Mobiilivarmenne and Bank authentication, the browser just sits there), and switching manually back to Mobilepay just says “failed”.

Next up: Mulch. After that I’m at my wit’s end.

https://divestos.org/pages/our_apps#repos

Yes, that did it! With Mulch the authentication worked using Mobiilivarmenne.

I was able to send money to top-up my ePassi personal balance (albeit it no longer automatically switches over to Mobilepay, you have to do it manually), so transferring money actually works.

2 Likes

@ExTechOp is your regular browser something very peculiar, or is it a native to Sailfish OS? At least the FAQ on MobilePay (which opens to external browser) offers me various options of external Android browsers like Firefox and Kiwi Browser and even the regular Sailfish Browser.

I shouldn’t think that being a Chromium-based browser really can be a requirement here. Maybe the next forum member doing a clean MobilePay installation will want to try using Firefox, Opera or some other popular non-Chromium thing for authentication. Or even the Sailfish Browser.

In Denmark I use Samsung Internet Browser when the Danish ID-system (MitID) require ID confirmation.

Samsung Internet Browser is available from Aurora Store, and is integrating with Android just like Chrome. After installation you need to set Samsung Internet Browser as default browser for the confirmation. After that you can always switch default browser back to native.

I have both the native Sailfish browser and Firefox on my phone, but for some reason neither seemed to be okay with Mobilepay. I have no idea how it tried to find them, but perhaps marking either as “default” from the Android point of view might have made a difference?

For “easy” authentication some Android apps open the default browser so it needs to be set to an Android browser (Firefox Beta is a good choice).

I updated Finnish MobilePay 32-bit (XA2) and 64-bit (10 III) from 7.7.0 and re-authenticated the second one with the Nordea ID app. No browser was involved in the process.

Edit: Re-authenticating the first phone (XA2) opened a can of worms. The error message “bank authentication failed” popped up before asking how to authenticate, so version 7.8.0 messes up local (authenticated) and server (authentication required) data. I then deleted MobilePay’s cache and data to get the authentication started from the beginning, and now it wants a compatible browser. The 10 III is still authenticated.

Edit 2: I installed Vivaldi on the XA2. MobilePay started Vivaldi without asking for permission.

Maybe try Vivaldi browser for Android (chromium).

3 Likes

@Ahtisilli, didn’t they report that you can be signed in on one device only at time? Could it be the initial failure was because of you switching between the devices too fast for the server to keep up?

I saw you already got your authentication done with another browser, but if I recall correctly, my own authentication also failed on first try, but I just tried again right away and on the second time it worked.

No, it’s worse: authenticating one breaks all others. Re-authentication (when it works) is fast at least with Nordea ID, though. One active session at a time but at least two authenticated devices would be fine.

The next downgrade will probably be automatic retrieval of the phone number verification SMS so MobilePay can only be used with the SIM card in the same device.

Possibly but I waited about an hour. And it’s a bug because the authentication failed before it asked for user input. There should have been a warning message, something like “Your number is already active on another device. Do you want to disable the other device or cancel?”

I had to remove the Mobilepay app and upon reinstallation got hit with an authentication issue, namely that MB whined about not finding a supported browser (for the banking ID authentication) and telling me to either upgrade my browser or to install Google Chrome.

I did have existing chromium-based browsers installed, but I only managed to authenticate by installing Vivaldi and making it my default browser. The latter thing probably is the necessary thing.