Mobilepay now needs Google Play Services

I found a way to use it, on the pin screen tap the bottom bar next to the back button, and the bar should disappear for few seconds, after that the app should launch, if it still freezes tap the bottom bar again, that worked for me.

4 Likes

Yes, I got to the main view by that trick too now. But if I got a browser open it will show the browser contents on the MobilePay app window.

edit: at least it cannot handle Cromite android browser being open at the same time, some other apps it can. And it doesn’t seem to be able to handle getting minimized and then maximized. Does this suggest some kind of window handling issue?

This works for me only if i do the trick before AND after the jumping dots

There are a few Android apps like Syncthing and Advanced camera that don’t render certain menus properly. Rotating the screen makes them render for a split second. Is this a similar problem?

1 Like

Thanks, that indeed seems to do the trick. The app still froze like a dozen times, until it finally allowed the bottom bar to stay visible. After that it worked fine, so my feeling is that these are somehow linked.

3 Likes

Does not work for me at all. No matter what i try. The app crashes (or minimizes and after i tap it open, it just shows black screen). On Xperia 10 III with 4.5.0.24 and latest MicroG.

When the screen is black, did you try the trick discovered by @FyrN by tapping bottom corner couple of times to hide and show the android bottom buttonbar?

I did move frln sfos to FP5 on e/os few months ago. I still liked sfos, but it had toi much issues in a daily life.

Hopeaa it helps, but I have no issues with MB. I do have microg installed…MB version code is 4401106.

Yes did try that. Also when the screen is black, the bottom bar is not visible.

I think there is a window when you have do the tapping, and that is when the dots are still bounching or very soon after they stop doing it. At least for me this seems to be the case: if I let it go black it becomes wholly unresponsive and unrecoverable.

I guess the exact symptoms of the issue may invidual to different users on different setups. I’m on Xperia 10 II with everything on the latest version I believe.

I have X10 with the latest microG, and after a reboot, MB seems to work. As others have written, the app seems to freeze occasionally, and tapping the bottom bar or other back arrows helps.

While trying to make it work, I installed MB on an android phone to send some money.
After that, I had to set up MB on my X10 as if setting up the app for the first time (can’t use MB on multiple devices).

For identification, MB launched Bromite-browser for connecting Nordea. After identifying myself in Nordea ID, Bromite congratulated me for the successfull indentification, but MB claimed, that identifying was not successfull. I uninstalled Bromite, and tried again. MB used webview instead of a browser, and identifying was successfull.

@hsjpekka A sidenote, but I hope you have noticed that Bromite is obsolete nowadays and isn’t getting updates anymore.

Uazo the other developer has forked it into Cromite which is getting updates on F-Droid.

1 Like

I was unable to get MobilePay render normally, after tapping the bottom bar more than a dozen of times. I managed to close one getting starped box blindly, but couldn’t switch to Profile, for example.

My guess is that the provided Chromium engine (?) is just too old. It’s 83.0.4103.120 whereas this tabled I have access to has 121.0.6167.143. That’s a substantial difference.

The new version 7.5.0 - 4401202 is the version for Manual download in Aurora Store - seems to work (on the XA2) but the bottom row buttons need several taps (I think it’s an overlay; the first tap activates the overlay, the next taps activate the button) and switching between portrait and landscape seems to help.

Version 7.4.1 is useless, 7.3.9 was similar to 7.5.0.

This applies to the Finnish version of MobilePay.

Kind of off topic but I’m a bit surprised seeing this vast Mobilepay use and discussion here as AFAIK they do business with the purchaser behavior data (as a part of their business model) ;). Yeah, the data is anonymized or pseudonymized, or that is what is claimed…

1 Like

I understand that “Android WebView” is the name of this obsolete component that is at its version 83 and apparently from year 2020.

1 Like

@jlaakkonen Moses is Moses, but business is business. :wink:

1 Like

Excellent to hear there is actually a way to make this (mostly) work.
Would you care to fill in some details, like what version of MicroG and how was that installed?

The 0.3 versions from October 2023 - they are marked Preview on the microG website, in F-Droid they are newer than Recommended.

If Lidl Plus works, the settings are OK.

I’m sorry to have to ask, but searching for “microg” on F-Droid brings up seven different packages (some of them backend, and some of them frontend), all with somewhat vague descriptions.
What specific packages constitute the set one should install to get to where you are?