Mobile Data not working under COOPVOCE Sim carrier

REPRODUCIBILITY: Tested on 2/2 different devices (it’s a 100% issue)
OS VERSION: Latest 4.4 “Vanha Rauma”
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 iii
UI LANGUAGE: Italian, English

DESCRIPTION:

I realized - through a customer with a SIM COOPVOCE operator - that the Xperia 10 iii do not surf online via a modem. Normally working under Wifi instead…
(Coopvoce is a minor Italian operator, supported by TIM but which is starting to create its own network…)

More detail:
Strangely the Xperia 10 II is not affected, and also the customer’s Jolla Phone is normally surfing via COOPVOCE mobile data.
Maybe there’s some change related to 5G code?

PRECONDITIONS:

You need a COOPVOCE italian SIM and a Xperia 10 iii

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Activate the phone

1. set on ON the mobile SIM
  2. insert manually the APN: internet.coopvoce.it following:
    (Configurazione internet per smartphone e tablet | CoopVoce)
  3. Select the sim for mobile navigation
  4. Try to navigate with the Browser

ACTUAL RESULT:

There’s not page load and phone is stuck in the default page (that with some yellow background)

MODIFICATIONS:

A brand new phone

1 Like

He will surely need to provide some logs from ofono logger. More details here. Please note that some sensitive datas will be collected.

1 Like

and

Both have the common nominator of data working on an earlier phone models. The problem is not with the WiFi (wpa_supplicant) but with the ISP’s ASN (ofono) implementation. Only Jolla can fix this… Please make a zendesk ticket with your ofono logs. Meanwhile, you can try IPv6-only type of ASN configuration, if available from the operator. If it is IPv4-only, you would be probably out of luck before (if) there will be fix of us suffering from this.

1 Like

Hi thanks for your contribute! Now one between me (next week) or the user will post the LOG ofono.

1 Like

Here linked the ofono log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gijcpCHK6QbqhzX8A5iticljc27Iksif/view?usp=sharing

I replicated one more time the issue on another device (3/3).

Thanks

Rather difficult to handle as this requires specific operator but logged this internally.

1 Like