Missing libKF5CalendarCore.so.5

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Pinephone 3Gb/32Gb
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): i dont no

DESCRIPTION:

I wanted to install an app (Rockpool) from the Storeman. The error occurs during or before the installation. The libKF5CalendarCore.so.5 cannot be provided or is not installed. How can I install it manually so that the app can be installed?
Thank you very much for the support
With kind regards
steffen

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open Storeman
  2. search for Pebble and install Rockpool

EXPECTED RESULT:

Installation ok

ACTUAL RESULT:

Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

libKF5CalendarCore was introduced in 4.0.1 as far as I remember, to replace the ancient libkcalcore that was in use before. libKF5CalendarCore is the upstream library used by KDE to handle events and todos. Since you’re using a port on the pinephone, you may still be on SailfishOS 3.4 where the events and friends are handled by libkcalcore (an ancestor of libKF5CalendarCore) ?

I guess that the package you are trying to install has been compiled for SailfishOS >= 4.0.1. I would suggest to either recompile the package you are trying to install for 3.4, or to backport KCalendarCore for 3.4 (it was compiling fine at that time on that version when I was working on the upgrade).

I burned Sailfish with Flash-it to the internal memory of the PinePhone. The version displayed is 4.0.1.48.
That’s why I’m surprised that there are problems here.
Or do I still have to install patches?
Can I read out something via the terminal?
But I am not yet familiar with the commands.

Ok, my bad, after checking, libKF5CalendarCore has been introduced in 4.1.0. So 4.0.1 is still using the old libkcalcore. I guess then that the package you want to install has been compiled for 4.1.0.

From Rockpool dev on Openrepos (8 months ago):

“I need to rebuild this against the library changes in Sailfish 3.4.0. It won’t work until then. Will try and make a new version later today. I thought I’d have time to switch back to the Gecko Webview now that it’s been fixed and is used in the Email app, but I think it’s more important to get a 3.4.0 version up.”

Maybe by the time he got around go it he just jumped right to 4.1…

I have upgrade my Pinephone to 4.1.xx und now the App Rockpool works. No error during the Installation. The App was ready for 4.1 :slight_smile: