Missing icons in SFOS 4.5

REPRODUCIBILITY: always
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.16
HARDWARE: xperia-xa2 & tablet
UI LANGUAGE: ENG
REGRESSION: yes

DESCRIPTION:

I noticed I was missing some icons in the Kodimote app after updating to SFOS 4.5

Two of the icons I was missing (I think there are more):

image://theme/icon-l-video
image://theme/icon-l-speaker

Which are suppost to be located in /usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/meegotouch/z1.75/icons/
After coping the PNG files there from a backup, the icons appeared again.

I did check on two upgraded devices and both had the same issue, so I can’t relate it to a one time incident during the upgrade.

EXPECTED RESULT:

specific icons

ACTUAL RESULT:

empty space

Confirmed: also missing on 64-bit (10 II)

Those icons have been a symlinks to icon-m-video and icon-m-speaker for years (since 2015) and the symlinks were now removed in this release. I think it would be better to update the app to use the icon-m-* instead.

4 Likes

Would be nice if there would be some kind of communication about this. I could have missed it, but could not find anything about this in the releasenotes/changelog.

And why do icons like icon-l-music.png still exist, and icon-l-video.png not?

Good point, I will let the people making the release notes know about this.

1 Like

Only the ones that were compatibility symlinks for long ago removed files were removed, icon-l-music is not a symlink so it remains.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers!

1 Like

I do a full icons replacement at every update or reinstallation with a dedicated .sh
cp /home/defaultuser/Pictures/Icons/icon-launcher-folder-01.png /usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/meegotouch/z1.75/icons
It took 12 renaming actions of the Icons package I wanted to have the first time, but now is working fine.