Manually display blanking while automatic lock is active

With Release Sauna 4.6.0.11 - 13 the following was “introduced”/fixed.

The lock icon at the Top Menu is fixed to lock up the device immediately

I was pretty happy with the “buggy” version of the Top Menu lock button.
Before Release Sauna I used this button when I just wanted to blank my display for a while but not locking the display. For locking the display I used the power button of my device (Sailfish XA2) => Two different actions for two different results.
Of course I also want to use the device lock feature in general and that the device is locked automatically after a specific time.

Use case for example when shopping in a supermarket:

1. Tick off from my shopping list what I just put in shopping cart
  2. Blanking the display to save energy, being able to put my phone in my pocket without getting unwanted commands activated
  3. Searching for the next item i wanted to buy
  4. Put it in the shopping cart
  5. Get back to my phone unblank the display WITHOUT entering my security code
  6. Tick the item off from my shopping list.
  7. etc.

Now #5 is not working anymore. Every time the display is blanked the security code has to be entered (when using the device lock feature).

I am locking for a possibilty to have the two actions (blanking the display AND locking the device) back while not interferring with each other.
Any suggestion?

So you don’t have a 0 lock timer?
Then the power button should already do more or less what you want.

Also remember that double-pressing the power button does immediate lock even if you have a timeout configured.

Being able to blank the screen and not have the lock timer start is not something that should exist.

Personally i’m perfectly content with a zero timer and fingerprint unlock. Sure, it is a bit slower to get back, but should be very similar amount of overhead to faffing with the top menu for blanking.

I should have tried everything before creating this post.

Yes attah, you are right the power button does what I was looking for.
Yes I have 5 minutes timer for automatic locking the device.

I just had to remove a legacy program (Powermenu2 created by coderus in 2017). That program was the reasont that the power button not only blaned the display but also looked the device.