REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Some Android apps requesting a log in procedure done with the browser. I’m guessing the browser shall submit the relevant data after successful log in back to the app.
I worked on 3.3.0.16 in my case with an android browser (Duckduckgo).
Using the sailfish browser isn’t successful (and didn’t work at 3.3.0.16)

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Start Android app (in my case Destiny 2)
  2. Press Button Log in
  3. Choosing with browser shall be used
  4. Choose your platform
  5. Enter your credentials
  6. Log in
  7. Log in successful -> press button OK

EXPECTED RESULT:

After successful login pressing the OK Button the browser closes and switches back to the app which requested the log in data.

ACTUAL RESULT:

After successful log in pressing the ok button nothing happens and the app isn’t logged in.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

4 Likes

As a workaround you could install a web browser for Android (e.g. Firefox, Bromite) and try to log in again. Afterwards you should have the option to chose the web browser for the log in. Select the Android browser and follow the log in procedure. Not sure if this workaround still works, it did when I needed it a while ago.

3 Likes

I hereby can confirm that your workaround did it for me as well!
In my case it worked with firefox.

Thanks a lot :partying_face:

molan’s workaround worked for me,thanks!

I just wanted to add that when I tried to do this on the latest version - 4.1.0.24, the app reported an error without ever opening the Sailfish native browser (step 2 in the original description). I don’t know if it’s my settings, or if it’s app specific.

I don’t know if it should be a new report, as it may well be related to this issue.

1 Like

I would assume this is not easily solvable without the workaround. But there should be a hint for the users that they can use this workaround. Maybe sailfish browser could even detect that it was supposed to forward something and show a notification?