Lock bootloader of sony xa 2

Hello.

I returned to Android and now I want relock the bootloader of my sony xa 2.

Thanks

Stefan

As far as I know this is not possible.
You might try using the Xperia Flash tool, but while having done so, my XA2’s bootloader is still unlocked

@auerora
I’ve never used an XA2, but it’s definitely possible on other Xperias. I’ve done it with Flashtool by Androxyde, but in that case, I had also used Flashtool to unlock it, using the code provided by Sony, so Flashtool stores the code, and you can go back and forth, (process is the same for both - using “blu” button).
Re-locking the bootloader will not restore TA (drm keys). On some phones, there are tools that can dump your TA bedore unlocking, and restore it when you want to, but I don’t know about XA2. Really the only benefit of it that I know of, is if you’re wanting to get a new ota update, or claim some warranty or something.

can you do this whilst keeping the Sailfish operating system? Getting rid of the boot unlock message at start up.
I have read elsewhere in the forum that it cannot be done. But on YouTube there is a video of doing it.

1 Like

Short answer: No

Then the device in the video is not SailfishOS.

Du you have a link to the video?

its an android xperia general one using the sony flash utility that was used to unlock, lock it again.

locked bootloader means that the boot files are kept unchangeably as it was from the factory. Sailfish cannot work with the Sony stock files. It’s only possible to use Sailfish by modifying those things, (otherwise there would be no reason to tell people to unlock it).

Hi @Hanger17

You can compare it to the Windows equivalent Secure boot, you can not install Linux on the disk unless you disable it.

So if you install Linux on your PC and enable Secure boot, it will not boot anymore.
Same rules apply with Sailfish vs Android.

The hardware verifies each step of the boot process.

Sony Smarthpones contain an API Key which is deleted when you unlock the phone. Even if you lock it again, the API Key keeps deleted.

That means lots of features like the camera, NFC, access to sony exclusive apps and so on only have limited support or no longer work at all

So unlocking the bootloader of an Sony Device (unlike Googles Pixel Devices) causes a permanent change to your phone which is not revertable