List of working Bluetooth devices

I searched the phone from the Car Bluetooth search option (it took like forever to find it) and I connected from there. Once I did that it recognized automatically the phone. I have now 2021.40.6 in the car and Sailfish OS 4.3

1 Like

Sennheiser 350BT. Used since 4.1. Works ok (sometimes loses connection for a second or two), but does not use headset profile when used as hands free speaking device (ie. during phone calls)
This causes people almost donā€™t hear what Iā€™m saying, so I canā€™t use it for calls.

After a few more erratic tries, I finally made it to day. I had to catch and confirm the screen with the security number. I havenā€™t seen this screen yesterday.

Another question: Do you have all the options in the Tesla app w/o Google services? I only have some basic functions available.

1 Like

Iā€™ve added BOSE AE2W to the list, they worked on Jolla1 and work with Xperia 10 ii but as usual, there is stuttering for the first few minutes of connection then it seems to settle. I wasnā€™t sure whether or not to list headphones with ā€˜issuesā€™ as the issue is not with the device but rather the way SFOS deals with it.

No, i have only the basic stuff.

What does this exactly mean? Are you able to access A/C settings from remote? I only see VIN, charging status and kms.

1 Like

I thought you are speaking about Bluetooth connection. For Bluetooth connection I am able to access my phone contact list and call/receive calls. That is it, no sync with calendar or no sms. Through Tesla App I am able to do everything, but that one is using internet connection. I installed the app from the Aptoide repository. Yes, is not latest version but you have everything. The only thing that is not working for me is using the phone as key, and yes for this you need Bluetooth. But I think this is known issue in Sailfish that for Android Apps or some Apps you cannot use the Bluetooth.

1 Like

Yes, Bluetooth connection is one thing and app functionality is the other. I might have been unclear by talking about both. After a few issues, I finally managed to connect the phone and are able to use the car as a hands-free set. I understand that the key function does not work since the app has no access to Bluetooth in Alien Dalvik.
Are you able to see the location of your car on the map in the app? This might be a Play Services issue.

1 Like

Sorry, I do not use google products so I do not know about location.

1 Like

I also donā€™t use them - thatā€™s one of the reasons why I have a Sailfish phone :wink:
I just wanted to know if the location of the car can be displayed in your app. My app saays that Play Services are required for this and doesnā€™t display the map. Maybe this can be solved with MicroG.

1 Like

Same for meā€¦it says that google services are required. I didnā€™t tried with MicroG, because I do not need the feature. Yes, is nice to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I can confirm that Bluetooth Tesla Model 3 2021 is working the same way. I do miss the feature to use the phone as a key.

Off Topic, but as some Tesla drivers are here:
Does someone know how to get the calendar thingy in the Tesla car working so I can use the addresses in the Calendar for navigation? This should be a ā€œsoftware trickā€, I guess. On AlienDalvik, I have installed Google Calendar and DavX to sync the CalDAV to Google Calendar, but this didnā€™t sync with the car, although I have checked the calendar sync in the Tesla app.
How about the notifications from the Tesla App? There is nothing coming through to SFOS, as far as I can see.
Did anyone get the summon feature going?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers!

I can report a TP-Link HA100 working fine on a Xperia 10 and also Volla phone, both SFOS 4.4.0.64 .

Very handy list, thanks for it! On its basis, I purchased a pair of JBL LIVE FREE NC+ TWS earbuds, which work very well on both iOS and SFOS, with the added benefit that a setting (like active noise cancellation) that is made in the JBL iOS app carries forward to the SFOS connection :slight_smile:

I also added Ford Focus MK3 compatibility to the OP wiki (works fine), I assume that the behavior will be similar with any Ford car with the Sync 3 system onboard. QNX on the car and SFOS on the phone, now thereā€™s an OS match made in Nerd Heaven :smiley:

1 Like

I bought a Cooler Master bluetooth keyboard SK622 (SK-622-SKTR1-ND). It pairs up with Xperia 10 II and XA2 properly (with the procedure where Sailfish gives me a six-figured number which I then successfully write on the keyboard to finish the pairing), but Sailfish yet does not recognize SK622 as a keyboard and thusly canā€™t be used for input purposes on Sailfish.

Anyone have any hint how I could try and solve the issue? The keyboard works ok on an up-to-date Linux Mint and its implementation of bluez5, so the issue seems to be Sailfish OS specific.

I created Skruuvi - Reader for Ruuvi sensors sometime ago. Didnā€™t know that this list existed before it came to frontpage today, so I added it under ā€œOther Bluetooth receivers/adaptersā€ now. I also added similar Companion app column what was in Watches table.

4 Likes

I had some issues with Bluetooth earphones having noticable static in the past. Are the devices on this list free from that? Or could it actually be my specific device thatā€™s acting up here, and not Sailfish?

(sorry if this question has been answered in the meeting, I might be a bit out of the loop here)