List of Qt 5.15 / QtQuick2 / Kirigami Applications

This thread is a place to document / /list applications build using the new Qt 5.15 based APIs, such as QtQuickComponents 2, and KDE Kirigami.

KDE Project Applications:
KTrip - Public Transport Application
Elisa - Media Player
Angelfish - Web Browser
Keysmith - TOTP Authenticator
Kasts - podcast client
Tokodon - Mastodon client

Other Applications:
Noson - Sonos controller
News Fish - Nextcloud offline news reader

Please list any additions below

11 Likes

KDE Itinerary - digital travel assistant

would be nice to have for traveling

As discussed prior (Get another (Linux-) E-Mail client?) the Kube email client (www.kube-project.com) could be nice.

Is this intended as a wishlist or a documentation of available apps?

2 Likes

Primarily documentation of available apps, but ive no problem people posting suggestions, hopefully some dev might then pick them up.

2 Likes

Added Kasts podcast client

2 Likes

Tokodon mastodon client would be quite nice addon: Network / Tokodon · GitLab

1 Like

Done, it is now in chum

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, tokodon seems to work well.

Hm, is it already supposed to be visible in chum-gui? because i can neither see tokodon nor kasts…

KeePassXC looks like it is a qt application… GitHub - keepassxreboot/keepassxc: KeePassXC is a cross-platform community-driven port of the Windows application “Keepass Password Safe”.

Although I prefer keepassdx because of the native nextcloud integration, but that is android only…

only in 4.5.0.19, so check what version you are on

I had to open chum → applications → upper pulley → show all packages. Then it showed up.

(and kasts with selfhosted nextcloud-gpodder integration seems to sync and get started)

Ok, so I tested Tokodon. It’s ok. But not very impressive for something with a C++ backend. tooter is almost entirely (but for uploads), in JS and feels much more snappy. If buggy :wink: Did anyone figure out how to display bookmarks in Tokodon?

In any case, I now have even more reason to iron out bugs (and finally implement edits) in tooterb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Neochat for Matrix

Kaidan for XMPP (in progress XMPP in Sailfish, how to start? - #39 by poetaster)

Sooo, this does actually build:

https://build.sailfishos.org/project/monitor/home:nephros:devel:qt515:keepassxc

But of course, it’s a standard Qt Gui application using Widgets so I suspect it has the usual problems with Menus etc.
It does have a keepassxc-cli tool though so maybe someone can build on that.

Since we already have ownKeepass, I don’t really see the point…

3 Likes

ownKeepass is abandoned and not maintained for a long time and do not support additional credentials as key file/hardware key.

ownkeepass does support a keyfile, and i use that…
what might be a nice app to create would be a sfos UI for nextcloud passwords

1 Like

I agree. But it was interesting to see whether it would work, and the cli tool may be interesting to some.