List of how banking apps work in Sailfish?

MFA can of cause also be established on one device. One factor could be knowing a password, the other one having a registered key within an app.

For such a list, I could add my experience:

• Austria
    • Volksbank
      • VB ID-App - works perfectly fine (except notifications) without microG or any modifications
      • VB Quick-App - works perfectly fine (except notifications) without microG or any modifications
    • Oberbank
      • Security-App - haven’t tried it on SailfishOS, but even on /e/OS ist only works with microG AND enabling registering your device with Google servers in microG :roll_eyes:

this is true, but having it on a single device makes it susceptible to attacks with malware.
You will realize that I’m a bit paranoid, but that’s why I only use chipTAN for authentification anyways :wink:

Germany: N26 is working fine without play services or microg

Also germany comdirect phototan working on xa2.

Thank you for your input. I made a list I will improve with the help of willing forum members.

2 Likes

Germany Volksbank: VR SecureGo Plus
working on Xperia 10 III without play services or microg

1 Like

On my Xperia 10 II also these VR Bank apps are working without play services or microg

I will add:

• Netherlands ABN AMRO working great.

• Bulgaria DSK bank - DSK Smart app working great.

1 Like

Usually, if the banking app works on LineageOS or /e/ it should work on Sailfish too.

France :

• BRED working without microg
  • Lydia working with microg (but not NFC obviously)
  • La Banque Postale : doesn’t work

I just noticed that the Danske Bank mobile application had stopped working, just exits without doing anything.
It used to work a few months back, I’m not sure if this is because of me installing MicroG (to get MobilePay to work) or some other recent change.

@ExTechOp Is this in Finland?

I can report

• UK

• UK Santander app - currently v4.30.0(79)

It looks like you’re running apps or services that could affect the security of your device, or you’ve rooted or unlocked your bootloader.

Thankfully the website runs fine in the stock browser.

1 Like

Yes, Finland, sorry didn’t mention this.

OP-mobiili has worked without MicroG…it will nag about the rooted device though, but I haven’t had any issues either on XA2 or 10 III for ages.

• Finland
    • S-pankki
      • S-mobiili 2.26.1 (with MicroG 0.2.27; afair worked without MicroG); did have a major crash issue after some update more than a year ago but have since managed to fix it. Edit: @wickedsp1d3r pointed out that the payment card listing doesn’t work.

Apparently some have missed the actual listing topic, so here it is:

The first post is a wiki, so please feel free to complete the list. I find this to be a really useful resource, since many are wondering, whether or not they are able to use their mobile banking apps on SFOS.

6 Likes

@rhampf could add the link to the new wiki post on the opening of this topic or mark @tuplasuhveli’s post as solution so new readers of this topic will see it right away.¨

Edit: or the forum admins could do some kind of smart merging of the topics

Anyone else have problems showing card information in S-mobiili? Latest version (SFOS 4.5 and the app). MicroG is installed.

Now that you mention it, that is something that doesn’t seem to work with me either. I edited the wiki topic to reflect this.