Library for the clients "sailfisheas-contacts"/"sailfisheas-calendars" do not exist using Microsoft Exchange

Ahoy sailors!

I broke my Xperia X a few month ago and bought a second hand Xperia 10 II. I flashed it this friday with Kvarken 4.1.0. It’s so good to get back to Sailfish OS!

I struggle to synchronize my contacts and calendar using Microsoft Exchange.

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Data won’t synchronize from a Microsoft Exchange account.

PRECONDITIONS:

Install the Microsoft Exchange app and set-up an account. The account creation is working, so I guess my credentials and settings are correct, plus I did that on my Jolla Phone, Jolla Tablet and Xperia X before.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Go to Settings / Accounts / Microsoft Exchange
  2. From the pulley menu select Synchronize

EXPECTED RESULT:

Contacts and Calendar should be synchronized.

ACTUAL RESULT:

It’s not…

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I tried to remove the Microsoft Exchange app, the account then starting over with the same result. After activating the developper mode, I checked journalctl while launching a new synchronization and got these warnings:

[C] unknown:0 - Library for the client "sailfisheas-contacts" does not exist
[W] unknown:0 - Failed to create client plug-in: "sailfisheas-contacts"
[W] unknown:0 - Failed to initialize client plug-in runner
[W] unknown:0 - Internal error, unable to start sync session for profile: "sailfisheas.Contacts-8"
[C] unknown:0 - Library for the client "sailfisheas-calendars" does not exist
[W] unknown:0 - Failed to create client plug-in: "sailfisheas-calendars"
[W] unknown:0 - Failed to initialize client plug-in runner
[W] unknown:0 - Internal error, unable to start sync session for profile: "sailfisheas.Calendars-8"

I tried to remove then reinstall the calendar app to no end. I don’t know of any way to reinstall the contact app.

I checked the release notes’ known issues and the forum but found nothing related to this problem.

Does anyone encountered that and/or know how to solve it?

Regards.
A.

This bug is still up in 4.3.0.15, at least for Xperia 10 II DualSIM.
Syncing Exchange accounts only works via Email app.
Syncing via Settings or Calendar app doesn’t work.

Relevant errors from journalctl:

Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [C] unknown:0 - Library for the client “sailfisheas-contacts” does not exist
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to create client plug-in: “sailfisheas-contacts”
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to initialize client plug-in runner
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Internal error, unable to start sync session for profile: “sailfisheas.Contacts-2”
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [C] unknown:0 - Library for the client “sailfisheas-calendars” does not exist
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to create client plug-in: “sailfisheas-calendars”
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to initialize client plug-in runner
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Internal error, unable to start sync session for profile: “sailfisheas.Calendars-2”
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [C] unknown:0 - Library for the client “sailfisheas-email” does not exist
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Failed to create client plug-in: “sailfisheas-email”
Mar 01 16:56:38 Xperia10II-DualSIM [23858]: [W] unknown:0 - Internal error, unable to start sync session for profile: “sailfisheas.Email-2”

Phone doesn’t even try to connect to server because of the errors.

Missing permissions for the new system?

This with freshly installed phone.
My old XA2 works better, but afraid to remove current account and redo to test.
That has to wait until I get this new phone into active use.

Ahoy sailors!

Updating to 4.4.0.58, Vanha Rauma, solved the syncing problem.

Keep up the good work.
A.