Just ordered Xperia III

Have now ordered an Xperia 10 III to replace my aging XA2 Plus - not quite as cheap as i’d hoped, but there we are.

Is there any news on the horizon for SF 4.5? I’d rather start with the +1 release for a newly supported SF device…

1 Like

Let google translate it.for ya. I ve ordered from a finnish intersport site few months back did work for me

4.4.0.68 is out hot from the press (with VoLTE support in GUI now, VoLTE enabled for X10II, and half a dozen small-ish fixes). I’d recommend you start with 4.4 instead of waiting for the next “big” release; it has been quite a joyful ride for me at least :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Camera of 10 III makes sharp pictures, nothing to be ashamed of. So that is a plus. The speed is an improvement too. Yet, the problem with echo canceling is annoying. Speaker on does not help. Is there any positive development possible or ‘do we have to live with it’?

Fortunately, it only annoys the other party. The 10 III owner doesn’t hear it :grinning:

1 Like

There’s too little talk about sound quality of mobile phones.

I confirm the sound quality of an Xperia X is much better than the Xperia 10 III, also the display colors and form factor of the Xperia X feel superior.

With an application like the full version of the excellent Quasar MX which runs natively on Sailfish one may tweak the far away muffled sound of the Xperia 10 III a little bit using the equalizer and other options. That’s for music, but Quasar MX lacks listenbook features.

1 Like

It’s worth saying that 10 III in contrast to X is waterproof ip65/68 and that may have something to do with sound being inferior.
I’ve compared my 10 to my new 10 III and again, 10 base is louder, but it’s not waterproof.

1 Like

When using wired headphones ( = the best possible quality that one can get), I’m very happy with the call quality on my X10III compared with XA2 and X. I think the choice of earpiece in the phones are different and that explains the difference. (Bluetooth handsfree drops call quality a lot, but that’s a different issue.)

There’s the colour banding issue on X10III, have you mitigated it? (I’m not entirely sure every single device suffers from the issue however…) The most convenient fix would be this:

https://openrepos.net/content/direc85/brightness-fix-xperia-10-iii

Finally, Xperia X is a “middle class” phone, whereas Xperia 10 (series) is a “budget class” phone, so that inheretly explains at least some differences. And I do agree, Xperia X is a lot more compact and nice device, but unfortunately it doesn’t pack enough punch for my daily usage anymore :frowning:

3 Likes

thank you for your reply and insights sharing.
I forgot to mention that by sound quality I indeed meant the sound produced from headphone jack output into a headphone.

I did compare the headphone jack with several headphones of quite ok quality.

There you can hear the musical detail and spaciousness etc…

So not much to do with waterproofness of the integrated speaker.

Quasar MX’ equalizer helps on the Xperia 10 III but it is still a smaller, muffled sound compared to Xperia X (on headphones like Senheiser Momentum, which of course are also limited but ok for “mobile”)

When it comes to sound quality or rather capability for playing voice (audiobooks/podcasts/phone conv) comprehensibly through the phone’s single speaker, neither Xperia X or Xperia 10 III suffice.

The one that is loud enough to play over most domestic and outside noise, or car engine noise is the XA2 Ultra.

Display bluring: indeed I did not know about this patch, thank you so much for pointing out a possible solution!

Interesting point but that goes only for the speaker sound quality / loudness, right? True, they are not loud enough for voice and indeed, shielding against water penetration may have a lot to do with it.

Sound quality of the internal sound cirquit-amplification into wired headphones is another major difference and the one I was mostly referring to when comparing both (equaly very silent single speaker equiped Xperia X and Xperia 10 III)