Jolla-sms-exporter : soft to export sms to android

hi,
long time jolla user since the first phone, it’s sadly time to move.
I create a command tool (node.js) so everyone can at least export its sms/mms/phone log to its new phone (android, no clue about iphone). There some alternative but those are bugged, at lot. here the link

Rest of the info are in the front page of the git repo.
Depend on the demand I may create a more friendly Gui version.

PS: no, with the introduction of %$#@ sailjail it was impossible to create a native app

Bye.

10 Likes

Just add Disabled in the desktop file and forget about jolla store and embrace openrepos/chum

3 Likes

Always a pity to see developers leave. Could you opensource your Jolla store apps (Mem!, Muuzik!, Footoo!) so people who use your apps can at least try to fix them if anything changes in new SFOS releases?

4 Likes

Yeah, I love your apps and have used them a lot! It would be awesome if you could share the source code!
And wish you luck on your future endeavours!

1 Like

A Gui would be great since I am just a user…!
Benjamin

1 Like

“Ne me quite pas…” (Well known French song, Jacques Brel) :–)
Thank you for the apps and the exporter.
If I may ask: What is your next OS of choice?

1 Like

Done this for several app including mine and even some native one like weather in order to get then back to life but it’s not a solution : impossible to upload to the store so regular used are at lost, sailjail use too much resources, crash a lot even the browser I have to start from console ! This security implementation is a disaster, btw even Android now allow on/off permission per app.

PS : my point was always to do app for everyone, not the geek only

I will, It’s not like I’m going to keep coding in QT.
Keep in mind all my app used now forbidden access : shared directory, embed library, access to system command, system directories. It’s impossible to fix them to comply with new security pattern. For example, Mem! IS a system/ admin app (/proc, /usr/share/* etc…), it can’t simply exit anymore !

no really choose left, no way I use apple so Android, may test LineageOS.
I used to dev for android several year ago, what a crappy os, and well, with what they did (at least xiomi) with android12 I’m impress, good layout, notification panel, navigation, I only miss the flip and cover (and muuzik :slightly_smiling_face: will port it).

→ I’ll try to have time to code a gui with bin for linux/win/mac

1 Like

Hi there,
thanks a lot for this software and for sharing it !
Unfortunately, I have difficulties with following the instructions on Github. I am in the end, just a user, no dev. I am capable of using a command line and have tried so on my SFOS device. However, I am quite lost in terms of how to download and activate all this software. I.e.:
1.) How to “install node.js”? I’ve tried “npm install…” but obviously, the answer was "“npm not found”
2.) How to “copy to SD card”? I could google the copy command and you do give the path to the file, but what is the path of the sd card? A simple “ls” command did not show me the sd but only my system folders.
3.) Then, apparently you use node to load your code: “node main.js” How can I get your file “main.js” on my device and make sure that node will find it?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions. I am willing to fiddle around with the command line, but I am simply not aware of the basic commands one would need to use your tool.
If the dev or someone from the community would help, that would be really great!
Thank you very much again for all your support!

Hi,
I struggled quite a bit to get this software working. I finally managed to locate and copy the corresponding file, to install nodejs and npm as root and to circumvent a couple of errors. The final error where I am currently stuck is, when calling

node main.js
Error: Cannot find module './libs/CoreDb'

The module is called in main.js. However, calling

install npm CoreDb

Gives errors, amongst others complaining that modules should not have capital letters etc. De-capitalizing just gives errors, saying module cannot be found.
So I tried pretty hard getting this software running even as a total newbie, but unfortunately it is does not seem to work.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

CoreDb.js is right there inside libs dir.
You don’t have to install it. You probably just didn’t clone the repo, but have only main.js

Wow! Thanks! You’re totally right. My bad.
Now this is done, but I still miss modules, this time “better-sqlite3”.
I suppose it is still the permission issue when installing npm. I constantly get an “EPERM” or “EACCES” error, despite running

npm install

or

npm i better-sqlite3

as root

Just seen your message…im also getting out of the Jolla boat :frowning:

I update the package.json. With the old configuration better-sqlite3 didn’t compile.

from the git repo :
https://github.com/vostoksystem/jolla-sms-exporter
“code” button → download a zip

unzip, from that newly rep, run “npm install”, this will download additional packages and compile required modules