Since I am not familiar enough with CPP & QML I had AI walk me through some of the moving pieces here:
- Jolla maintains it’s own fork of QTMultimedia: GitHub - sailfishos/qtmultimedia · GitHub that uses either a droidmedia backend or V4L2 if enabled through a compile-flag
- V4L2 seems to not be enabled for ‘real’ device builds
- Only V4L2 actually seem to accept the sharpness & noise reduction parameters above. For others, they seem to be a NOOP
- The bridge in droidmedia seems to be built on top of an older ‘camera1’ API, which only supports returning JPEGs. There has been some work on the newer ‘camera2’ API that would support returning RAWs, but that seems to have stopped
- AAS can capture RAWs, because it can speak to the newer camera2 API directly
Again, take this with a grain of salt, since I had AI guide me through it. I validated it to the best of my abilities