Jolla One - out of support?

My Sailfish X updated happily a day or two ago. My original Jolla One still sits there saying it’s up to date. Is it now unsupported, or should I just be patient please?

Support ended with the 3.4 release.

It was good while it lasted. I’m grateful for the time it had.

1 Like

See [release notes] Koli 4.0.1:

Device models supported by Sailfish X
Jolla Phone is not supported any more. OS release 3.4.0 was the last one for this device launched 7 years ago.

I just went through the whole chain of updating from 2.0 to 3.4 on my old Jolla One. I dug it out before the weekend after seeing the news about Sailfish 4.0. I think it’s amazing Jolla supported that phone for so long and, indeed, that they are still pushing forwards. I thoroughly dislike Android so Sailfish as a 3rd way is very appealing.

Now if only they could finally support payments in the Jolla Store as an incentive to develop some things there (back in the early Jolla days I was looking at developing one app, but pushed it back ‘until they get payments support’ … I see I’ll still wait :).

I’m now quite tempted to get a Sony to install 4 on. But would really rather invest in at least last year’s model, rather than a 2019 phone… fingers crossed they soon announce support for the Xperia 10 ii as I think I’ll then take the plunge.

Its coming. There are few bugs that need to be ironed out. As for payed apps i don’t think we’ll see this anytime soon.