Jolla-mediaplayer not sending track info over BT

REPRODUCIBILITY: 95%
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: FxTec Pro1x
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: Unknown

DESCRIPTION:

When using jolla-mediaplayer in my car, it very rarely actually displays any track information. Third party apps seem to be much more reliable, specifically unplayer, podcatcher, sailfin all correctly report track information over bluetooth, and it seems strange that the first-party player doesnt.

PRECONDITIONS:

BT audio device capable of displaying currently playing track info

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Play music over BT
  2. Observe lack of track info
  3. Compare to thirdparty apps

EXPECTED RESULT:

Track info should be displayed by jolla-mediaplayer

ACTUAL RESULT:

Receiver does not display any useful information

MODIFICATIONS:

Waydroid is installed (but probably not relevant)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

2 Likes

That’s not entirely true. After restarting the OS, all information is transferred, then the media player is almost completely remote controllable via Bluetooth. The only thing missing is that you can not forward or rewind, but can only jump from title to title.

After a few days, but neither the remote control nor the track information via Bluetooth. Help me then with it at the moment by restarting the OS.

I can confirm. The same happens to me after some time.

1 Like

There is a workaround. At least this is what works for me most of the times.

Open the media player app before connecting to the car BT.

Thanks for raising this @piggz. I’ve created an internal issue for it and tagged it here as “tracked”. If there are any updates, I’ll do my best to reply here.

1 Like

I also confirm this happens to me.

The mentioned workaround of ensuring the media player is open before connecting does not work for me. I have been unable to establish a pattern of why it works when it does vs when it doesn’t.

On xperia x iii, latest GA sailfish version.

I can confirm, so i use deadbeef-player as workaround.

Also an issue is that Audio-Streaming from Internet-Radios stutters heavy on the Jolla-Mediaplayer, maybe some buffer is calculated too small?