(jolla media player) have controls in the dropdown sailfish menu

The default media player is quite nice, but i had to pause it while i was inside another application, so i had to swipe to the homescreen and then back to the player then press pause

Would be nice to have a faster way to have media player controls, like for example having them in the quick actions menu, accessible by a swipe down, or in a swipe from the bottom (althought i get is more complicated cause it’s already occupied by the application grid)

Another idea could be setting an app with media controls being accessible via a left swipe, exactly as the events screen

Still, there should be a way to have faster access to media controls

These are just suggestions to the devs, but feel free to propose some other hints

2 Likes

Not sure this solves the issue, but there’s a patch called ‘Mediaplayer Controls in Eventsview’

2 Likes

It would actually solve tho issue but

1 jolla should adress this, for the sake of convenience and
2 i’m on 4.6 and patches are compatibles till 4.5.0.21

Thank you anyway, that was exactly what i was looking for (if it worked)

1 Like

you could try to disable the version verification in the settings of patchmanager and then try to install the patch anyway, maybe it works

2 Likes
  1. Among other things, of course they should
  2. It does work, just tested it (No version check in settings)
3 Likes

I agree! It would be great if there was an easier way to play / pause music. I personally would like the drop down quick menu but even slide to notifications would be a help.

The cover of the media player offers a play/pause button. So it’s just a swipe + tab from another app. No need to open the media player.

3 Likes

despite i do still think the fact that jolla should adress this, it’s perfectly working, thanks

still leaving this open so jolla can notice it…

1 Like

It already works fine with the covers. Top menu is not significantly easier, and most people have controls on their headphones. This comes across like asking for cloning a random Android feature just for the sake of it.

2 Likes

While i generally agree copying android is bad, in this case we are not copying android, we are copying a basic feature from every other operating system for the sake of convenience

And i remind you that on my xa2 the edge swipe for going back to home fails almost 40% of the times

That doesn’t make it any less of a duplicate with cover control - which the others doesn’t have.

This is a complete garbage reason. And i am sure you can understand that too.
That’s the problem to fix then; not something to XY with yet more clutter.
Did you maybe self-sabotage with a silly screen protector?

2 Likes

While having the media controls in the top menu would be convenient, it doesn’t save any actions: swipe to open menu, tap to pause, tap to close menu vs. swipe to minimize, tap cover action to pause, tap to activate the application. Wouldn’t that suffice?

About the edge-swipe-is-hard, there is a setting to adjust its sensitivity somewhere… It’s here in FSO somewhere. It helped me with X10II with a glass screen protector.

Edit: Others had suggested the same already, I skimmed over the yhread too quickly it seems :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I hate screen protectors so no, i don’t have any, and luckily my screen is still intact (fingers crossed :stuck_out_tongue: )

Still, i think it would be a nice thing to have

:slight_smile: