Jolla C2 Cover / Wallet

I have just bought 2 pre-order tickets for the Jolla C2 phone.

Does anyone know if it’s bilt on a existing Reeder phone? I wan’t a cover or wallet for my phone, so I can protect it for bumps and scratches :slight_smile:

There are various posts on the forum mentioning that this is a Reeder S19.

Search query

Looks like there’s some choice

Q: Accessories, screen protectors, cases?
A: Yes, we also like and need these indeed! Thanks to our partnership with Reeder this is now very feasible and relevant accessories will be added to the shop in due course - stay tuned!

https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/sailfish-community-news-23rd-may-2024-jolla-day-2-recap/18634

2 Likes

Although a bag and not a bump cover, I can warmly recommend the “flip” by Mapbagrag (old Jolla partner from the Jolla Tablet days), it is tailor-made (just mention “Reeder S19” in the appropriate text field) and made out of Tyvek, a synthetic material with a paper-like feel: https://mapbagrag.com/Handy/ (in German, but they send to most of Europe).
I’ve used a “flip” for many years with my Jolla Phone, the prior still looking flawlessly today (and not because I only used it with velvet gloves during those years).

2 Likes

I don’t see how that would be any better than my pocket…

No one said it would be.It’s just that some of us prefers another solution.

1 Like

I also suggest keeping your phone in your pocket 24/7. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I personally carry smartphones either in the pockets of my jacket (not the pants, due to a) uncomfortable and b) unnecessarily close proximity to the swimmers), in a backpack or simply in my palm, all locations where a phone can drop to the ground and/or get scratched by foreign objects, where a bag comes in very handy. I also like to use such a bag as a pillow while I’m actively using the phone, when I want/need to put it on the ground, on a table or on a dashboard temporarily, so the back of the phone doesn’t get direct contact with dirt and/or abrasive materials.

Tinfoilhattery.

Prime location, indeed - and prime dropping location too. But a bag makes the phone not very useful.
So when i would be at most risk of dropping it, it would not have any protection if i was to use a sleeve.

1 Like

I’d be interested to understand more on this subject.

@meegouser is the one making the (rather dubious) claim, so take that up with them if you want to inspect the sources.
But take that in another thread please.