Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

We’re selling in European Union, UK, Norway and Switzerland. Jolla C2 devices are shipped from Finland. As Finland is an EU country and EU import customs happened in Finland, customs fees have been covered for EU countries. When we are shipping the devices import customs applies for UK, Norway and Switzerland. Shipping itself cost covers the courier service.

9 Likes

You are right.

The import declaration is based on the customs declaration or the commercial invoice. It contains all the information about the consignment. The sender must attach it to the outside of the parcel.

(from : www.post.ch/en/business-solutions/exports-imports-and-customs-clearance/imports/faqs-about-imports-customs-and-vat)

We need to know the exact declared value. And by the way, if not given, the Customs will charge more just for opening the package to inspect what’s in it !

So, say the declared value does not include the shipping, then

269.00 Euros ~= 251.78644 Swiss Francs
1 EUR = 0.936009 CHF
1 CHF = 1.06837 EUR
(source : xe.com, today)

and then (based on official information : Consignments from countries in the European Union (EU) and their overseas territories: 13 francs for the customs clearance service + 3% goods value supplement )

1. Swiss VAT : CHF 20.39 (8.1% on CHF 251.79, the declared value of goods and shipping).
  2. Basic Customs Clearance Fee : CHF 13.00 (For consignments from EU countries).
  3. Goods Value Supplement : CHF 7.55 (3% of CHF 251.79).

Total : CHF 40.94

The remaining CHF 7.36 may be additional service or processing fees ?

1 Like

I will report back how the UK customs felt about Jolla sending stuff :rofl:. (I’ve had everything from paying customs for a teddy-bear to not even having a notification for a car head unit)

Mine it’s on it’s way and looking forward to it!

1 Like

Mine is in transport too, cannot wait!

1 Like

mine is still on the way to Posti…grrrr…

Mine needed 3 days to change the status…you’ll have to wait.

4 Likes

Which app do you use there for tracking?

It’s Paketti

4 Likes

App doesn’t seem to update though.

On the SailfishOS i use Paketti, on IOS/Android you can choose whatever you want, something like 17Track or Packages

4 Likes

I still haven’t recieved the payment order yet.
Am I the only one or is everything still coming in batches?
I’ve had some issues with my e-mail recently.

All the payment orders have been emailed. If the message can’t be found in spam folder tjen you habe to contact customer service.

1 Like

17 Likes

That is great looking box.
Enjoy!

1 Like

…The item is in transport.

Don’t set a 4-digit PIN !

4 Likes

Well, the “problem” is that the declared value is EUR 319.- The discount didn’t count. Why not state the values as high as 249.- ? Anyway, this is not a big deal now.

What discount? Are you thinking of the pre-pay? That shouldn’t be tax exempt.

Then all is good ! Yes, I was referring to the EUR -50.-

Received mine today in the U.K, can never judge delivery times these days since leaving the EU so it’s arrival within a couple of days was a pleasant surprise.

Zero custom charges either. :slight_smile:

8 Likes