Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

Thanks!
Now I found the mail also. It was delivered to my not-so-active-mail-adress…

Got a reply from Jolla Care. For anyone who may also be interested:

(Another request I submitted right before it is now nowhere to be found, maybe it’s not that important…

2 Likes

Thank you Jollyboy for all this amazing work. Will there be any update to the SDK coming with Sailfish 5 ?
I just installed the current one on my machine to do my first app and requirement like the ncurses 5 or older libssl could be removed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awwww… end of August?
With pre-orders ending at the end of July and deliveries starting in August,
I was hoping that it would be at the beginning of August.

You can still preorder now, i checked right now in Jolla shop.

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if impatience is a global plague?

14 Likes

For each and everybody, I’d like to remind about basic forum rules FAQ - Sailfish OS Forum

We have new community members joining. So for everybody, please be polite and behave. Also, don’t be offended if an off-topic discussion is forked to a new thread (@attah is right that some discussion should go a separate thread)

Let’s give a warm welcome to new members.

21 Likes

Like I said on the other thread, I have a Pinephone.
Worst phone ever. It being Linux
doesn’t save it from me trashing it due
to the poor battery life,
broken connection whenever idle and poor app support.
I need a useable phone badly, but I bought the voucher already.
I could resell it maybe? But I also want a Jolla 2C more than yet another Sony Xperia.
I want Linux-out-of-the-box.

5 Likes

Pinephone is a tinker toy, not a real daily driver device.

1 Like

Sailfish overall is way more usable. I had the C1 way back and was already very useable.

5 Likes

You should absolutely go for the C2. But be patient, Jolla is a small company and they definitely do not rule the world.

3 Likes

I’d get C2 as well if it had something better than T606 and 720p screen, and didn’t cost so much for cheap device… :confused:
And if the license was lifetime…
My next Sailfish would be still Xperia, anyway…

3 Likes

Well, I used 640x360 phones that weren’t twice more small so I’d survive. But they did OLED, that is… I did bought the C2 to support the development of Sailfish hopefully

4 Likes

Ordered mine C2 couple of days ago. Can’t wait :smiley:

2 Likes

@Jolla Does Jolla ship to Canary Islands? The Canary Islands are outside the European Union Value Added Tax (EU VAT) area. So I like to know if Jolla would ship it to La Palma in a way that i’ll receive it. edit: …and parcel not hanging at customs and go back after 4 weeks.

1 Like

I also ordered C2 few days ago, after thinking it about a month. I think that pre installed Sailfish is ideal for me, although I have managed to install Sailfish on my Xperia devices.

My only hope is that the future updates works well and smoothly.

2 Likes

i don’t think this is about skill, but just better hardware support with c2

3 Likes

Do people, or The Powers That Be forsee the C2 being available to buy in Australia? I don’t really want to have to wait for the secondhand market to kick in.

I’m trying my luck on a British forwarder I’ve never used. Will be risky!!

1 Like

As you can read on this forum many use VPN with Europe endpoint without issue.

1 Like