Is Jollastill alive?

Easy question: is Jolla still alive?
They had someone before, hired for communications, but the official blog is abandoned since May.
No real announcement since months.
Plus the fact, the Russians as founders are out.
Would be sad if there is no more development.

I’d be happy about any kind of life sign

1 Like

yeah, it would be nice to hear some news… AFAIK they are now heavily involved in “car” business. Probably don’t have much time for phone. So yeah… the future is not clear at all atm :frowning:

2 Likes

Easy answer: If you look at the #community-news and or the #community-meeting tag.

8 Likes

AFAIK they are now heavily involved in “car” business. Probably don’t have much time for phone. So yeah… the future is not clear at all atm :frowning:

I think they are smart enough to use the technology and experience of SailfishOS also for Car-Displays and vice versa. Look at the Smartwatch-OS they shown (search on youtube for it).

Community meetings and community news are still active, and afaik they are mainly manned by Jolla employees. The community news posts contain a list of recent pull requests and development.

1 Like

Do you have any further information about that ‘car-business’ you’re referring to?
There was Nokia automotive which was qt-based till the end but I think it got sold together with Nokia Maps to a German consortium (was it Daimler, VW and Audi?). Anyways. What is Jolla up to?

The FrontPage of https://jolla.com

Ah, yes, true, but thats only sth regarding aliendalvik, not SailfishOS.

so they could opensource #SailfishOS and someone port it to the #Pinephone?

I’m not sure how heavily your comment is weighted towards opensourcing, and how much towards PinePhoning, but at least the PinePhone part was discussed by @piggz in the latest Community Newsletter.

1 Like