[INVALID] Bluetooth media controls don't work

INVALID REPORT

This report is invalid. After clearing clearing dirty Bluetooth cache and re-pairing devices, the controls work as expected.

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: no

DESCRIPTION:

I listen to music a lot, and a common combination is JBL headphones and Deezer Android app. Now that I have Xperia 10 II, I noticed that while play+pause do get through to both Android apps and the Jolla Media music player, next/previous track commands don’t get through. It’s the same with my Ford Audio (built-in Sony made sound system with Bluetooth) - prev/next buttons do nothing.

The same setups work with XA2 Ultra, but not with Xperia 10 II.

PRECONDITIONS:

• Xperia 10 II with SFOS 4.1.0.24
  • Bluetooth headphones with play/pause/prev/next controls
  • Jolla Media app and some sick tunes installed, or
  • Android app and Deezer installed (Spotify should work too, I guess)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Connect the Bluetooth headset to X10II
  2. Start playing music
  3. Try to switch the song using Bluetooth controls

EXPECTED RESULT:

• The song changes (or starts to play from beginning)

ACTUAL RESULT:

• No response

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

• Lock screen prev/next works to both native and Android apps
  • Lock screen pause works, play doesn’t (but this is an old known issue)
  • 4.1.0.24 + Bluetooth controls work with XA2 but now with Xperia 10 II

My headphones (RHA trueconnect 2) doesn’t have separate buttons for each function but everything works.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. It triggered the necessary paranoia in this case.

It turned out to be two issues in unison, neither of which was the one in the title.

1. My car audio player is glitching, its steering wheel controls and console buttons don’t work until I power it off and on again (basically on-off-on and it just works)
  2. The Bluetooth sticky cache issue made it so that only some buttons in my JBL TUNE750BTNC headset worked. I removed all devices, deleted the cache, and re-paired everything, now it works.

If I still can, I’ll mark the title and first post as invalid.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is related or not but:

After 9 days of uptime my bluetooth earbuds (Mi True Wireless Earbuds) lost media controls. (I remember this has happened once before, but that time i didn’t check how long the phone had been on.) Re-pairing didn’t help, but reboot did.

Clip of bluetooth service’s status:

syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: bluetoothd[18681]: profiles/audio/avctp.c:uinput_create() Can’t open input device: No such file or directory (2)
syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: profiles/audio/avctp.c:uinput_create() Can’t open input device: No such file or directory (2)
syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: bluetoothd[18681]: profiles/audio/avctp.c:init_uinput() AVRCP: failed to init uinput for Mi True Wireless Earbuds_R
syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: profiles/audio/avctp.c:init_uinput() AVRCP: failed to init uinput for Mi True Wireless Earbuds_R
syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: bluetoothd[18681]: /org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_91_9D_2E_A3_3D/sep1/fd3: fd(28) ready
syys 06 10:33:18 Xperia10III bluetoothd[18681]: /org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_91_9D_2E_A3_3D/sep1/fd3: fd(28) ready

My phone is Xperia 10 III with 4.4.0.68. Any suggestions?

This is probably / most likely related to this: [4.4.0] mpris-proxy service crashing and not restarting

Here is the post with a workaround, is should be fixed in the next version

2 Likes

I did have one occurrence of mpris-proxy being running, but the buttons still didn’t work until I restarted the service. It could be a dropped connection between it and Android, or something.

1 Like

Thanks for marking the topic as solved/invalid @direc85. I’m going to close it to avoid it popping up in the Bug Coordination Team’s random bug selection, but if you or anyone else disagrees, please send me a direct message and I can open it again.

1 Like