Intex Aquafish - Went to recovery mode

Hi,

My unused Aquafish went to ‘Recovery mode’ and now I want to telnet it but it is asking me the devlock code which I am not sure. As the phone not in use I am planning to install the latest saifish os. Please help me out.

Thanks,
Kiran Teki

I am able to recover it and restored successfully. Now try to upgrade to 4.x using CLI with below instructions.

ssu release 4.2.0.21
version --dup
reboot

But thows below error after nine attempts seems to be non-availability of repo. Any help would be much appreciated.
Error : file;//repodata/repomd.xml not found

Did you obey the stop releases.

Or, wait…
Is the AquaFish supported at all anymore? Or is is it Jolla C-fied?
Else this might block you?

Updated stop release 2.2.0.29 now progressing 3.0.0.8. We will post the updates.

Mind the additional stop release (2.0.5.6) for the Jolla C / Intex Aquafish, which Jolla does not list.
Or simply use sfos-upgrade, which takes care of that.

1 Like

Yes, the update is 3.0.0.8 still not completed as hanging up with many ‘time out’ errors and sometimes caching won’t work. When a timeout error happens I terminate it by pressing ‘Ctrl-C’ and again when started says ‘Cache waiting’.

Is there any fix to make it faster as it is eating all my time?

Thank you @olf for the response.

Let me give you the background of the problem. Actually, I stopped using it in 2019 as my office work require the ‘Okta verify’ for MFA hence I brought the Android phone and recently I lost it so I came back to SFOS.

My main requirement is ‘Okta verify’, VolTE and android apps, if this those works properly then I am happy to use it and NO NEED of any other android phone :).

So help would be much appreciated.

Update is 3.0.0.8 completed and started 3.2.0.12 update but getting ‘‘Error: this request will break your system’’. Any fix or any automated script that makes things quickly?

i was able.to update my jolla-c ied intex to 3.2 or 3.4 but:

you expect volte to work and it.still does not…

Hopefully you are using sfos-upgrade for this process as previously advised since for example gives you prompts such as:-
[root@Sailfish Documents]# sfos-upgrade
Notice: Less than 1 GiB (881452 KiB) free space on the root filesystem!
Please consider to clean up or enlarge the root filesystem, see e.g.:

Whilst updating a Jolla C to 4.3.0.12 this morning there were a couple of time-outs upon server connection on one of earlier stop releases. As Jolla C had been reset long the way, I could ignore the < 1GB free space and updates proceeded without issue

In order to use’ sfos-upgrade’ it must be available on the target phone, so how to install that first?

I got it, mine is still Aquafish 3.x so can I upgrade or it only supports Jolla C ?

Finally trying upgrade with ‘sfos-upgrade’ but no luck.

REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
    Resolving: 100%
    Error: This request will break your system!
    Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=73876ms)
    UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 2 of 9
    Waiting 3 seconds before retry.

Is there any space issue ?

[root@Sailfish nemo]# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs                2.4G  1.2G  1.2G  51% /
/dev/sailfish/root    2.4G  1.2G  1.2G  51% /
/dev/sailfish/home     11G  619M  9.7G   6% /home
devtmpfs              938M  176K  938M   1% /dev
tmpfs                 952M  360K  952M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 952M   14M  939M   2% /run
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                 952M  4.0K  952M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /mnt/obb
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /mnt/asec
/dev/mmcblk0p1         64M   48M   17M  74% /firmware
/dev/mmcblk0p21       682M  676M     0 100% /fimage
/dev/mmcblk0p23       223M   43M  176M  20% /mnt/vendor_data
/dev/mmcblk0p22        28M  112K   27M   1% /persist
tmpfs                 191M  560K  190M   1% /run/user/100000

Hi,
Although @peterleinchen asked whether your Aquafish has been modified with coderus Jolla C script you did not directly answer him. If it has NOT been modified then this resource explains your issues and why warning of “will break your system” has been given: https://together.jolla.com/question/204796/did-anyone-manage-to-update-an-intex-aqua-fish-or-jolla-c-to-release-3038/?answer=205948#post-id-205948

1 Like

Upgraded AF , “release” shows 3.0.0.8 but “version” shows 2.1.4.14, although I didnt even update to 2.1.4. ssu lr shows all repositories of 2.1.4. Did factory reset and upgraded through cli to 3.0.0.8 but backup hanged at Gallery. Now Backup shows “Cannot load page” and OS keeps telling Update 2.1.4 available, and also Storage running out, when theres ample storage since ive only just upgraded and backup didnt work. :frowning:

@hk, I hope you did follow and read the links provided by peterleinchen’s post and aspergerguy’s post in this thread, to which I might add this specific one: Did anyone manage to update an Intex Aqua Fish or Jolla C to Release 3.0.3.8? [closed] - together.jolla.com

Yes, I’ve read all those. Seems “Jolla C -fying” would be the last resort, however, it is quite convoluted and also the links for downloading images are no longer working. I’ve had the AF since 2017… but now with it no longer updating, time for a new android ( :’). I only wanted the contacts and sms restored. Got contacts because its a simple vcf. But dont know how to get sms from the DUMP file in the backup.