Intex Aquafish - Went to recovery mode

Hi,

My unused Aquafish went to ‘Recovery mode’ and now I want to telnet it but it is asking me the devlock code which I am not sure. As the phone not in use I am planning to install the latest saifish os. Please help me out.

Thanks,
Kiran Teki

I am able to recover it and restored successfully. Now try to upgrade to 4.x using CLI with below instructions.

ssu release 4.2.0.21
version --dup
reboot

But thows below error after nine attempts seems to be non-availability of repo. Any help would be much appreciated.
Error : file;//repodata/repomd.xml not found

Did you obey the stop releases.

Or, wait…
Is the AquaFish supported at all anymore? Or is is it Jolla C-fied?
Else this might block you?

Updated stop release 2.2.0.29 now progressing 3.0.0.8. We will post the updates.

Mind the additional stop release (2.0.5.6) for the Jolla C / Intex Aquafish, which Jolla does not list.
Or simply use sfos-upgrade, which takes care of that.

1 Like

Yes, the update is 3.0.0.8 still not completed as hanging up with many ‘time out’ errors and sometimes caching won’t work. When a timeout error happens I terminate it by pressing ‘Ctrl-C’ and again when started says ‘Cache waiting’.

Is there any fix to make it faster as it is eating all my time?

Thank you @olf for the response.

Let me give you the background of the problem. Actually, I stopped using it in 2019 as my office work require the ‘Okta verify’ for MFA hence I brought the Android phone and recently I lost it so I came back to SFOS.

My main requirement is ‘Okta verify’, VolTE and android apps, if this those works properly then I am happy to use it and NO NEED of any other android phone :).

So help would be much appreciated.

Update is 3.0.0.8 completed and started 3.2.0.12 update but getting ‘‘Error: this request will break your system’’. Any fix or any automated script that makes things quickly?

i was able.to update my jolla-c ied intex to 3.2 or 3.4 but:

you expect volte to work and it.still does not…

Hopefully you are using sfos-upgrade for this process as previously advised since for example gives you prompts such as:-
[root@Sailfish Documents]# sfos-upgrade
Notice: Less than 1 GiB (881452 KiB) free space on the root filesystem!
Please consider to clean up or enlarge the root filesystem, see e.g.:

Whilst updating a Jolla C to 4.3.0.12 this morning there were a couple of time-outs upon server connection on one of earlier stop releases. As Jolla C had been reset long the way, I could ignore the < 1GB free space and updates proceeded without issue

In order to use’ sfos-upgrade’ it must be available on the target phone, so how to install that first?

I got it, mine is still Aquafish 3.x so can I upgrade or it only supports Jolla C ?

Finally trying upgrade with ‘sfos-upgrade’ but no luck.

REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
    Resolving: 100%
    Error: This request will break your system!
    Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=73876ms)
    UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 2 of 9
    Waiting 3 seconds before retry.

Is there any space issue ?

[root@Sailfish nemo]# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs                2.4G  1.2G  1.2G  51% /
/dev/sailfish/root    2.4G  1.2G  1.2G  51% /
/dev/sailfish/home     11G  619M  9.7G   6% /home
devtmpfs              938M  176K  938M   1% /dev
tmpfs                 952M  360K  952M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 952M   14M  939M   2% /run
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                 952M  4.0K  952M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /mnt/obb
tmpfs                 952M     0  952M   0% /mnt/asec
/dev/mmcblk0p1         64M   48M   17M  74% /firmware
/dev/mmcblk0p21       682M  676M     0 100% /fimage
/dev/mmcblk0p23       223M   43M  176M  20% /mnt/vendor_data
/dev/mmcblk0p22        28M  112K   27M   1% /persist
tmpfs                 191M  560K  190M   1% /run/user/100000

Hi,
Although @peterleinchen asked whether your Aquafish has been modified with coderus Jolla C script you did not directly answer him. If it has NOT been modified then this resource explains your issues and why warning of “will break your system” has been given: https://together.jolla.com/question/204796/did-anyone-manage-to-update-an-intex-aqua-fish-or-jolla-c-to-release-3038/?answer=205948#post-id-205948

1 Like