Installing qt5-qtgui-devel breaks packages

what would you do in this case? `LC_ALL=C devel-su zypper in qt5
-qtgui-devel
Password:
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: This request will break your system!
This request will break your system!
nothing provides pkgconfig(android-headers) needed by libhybris-libEGL-devel-0.0.5.42-1.3.3.jolla.aarch64

Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
ignore the warning of a broken system (requires:droid-hal-version-xqau52)
ignore the warning of a broken system (requires:libhybris-libwayland-egl)
ignore the warning of a broken system (requires:libhybris-libEGL)
ignore the warning of a broken system (requires:libhybris-libGLESv2)
deinstallation of libhybris-libEGL-0.0.5.42-1.3.3.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of libhybris-libGLESv2-0.0.5.42-1.3.3.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of patterns-sailfish-device-adaptation-pdx201-0.1.15-1.7.2.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of libhybris-libwayland-egl-0.0.5.42-1.3.3.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of qt5-qpa-hwcomposer-plugin-5.6.2.18-1.3.1.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of patterns-sailfish-device-configuration-xqau52-0.1.15-1.7.2.jolla.aarch64
deinstallation of droid-hal-version-xqau52-0.0.1-1.3.15.jolla.aarch64
Solution 2: do not install qt5-qtgui-devel-5.6.3+git43-1.11.1.jolla.aarch64
Solution 3: break libhybris-libEGL-devel-0.0.5.42-1.3.3.jolla.aarch64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/3/c/d/?] (c):`

1 Like

It would probably help if you told us what you are trying to accomplish by installing qt5-qtgui-devel?

i’d like to compile screen recorder from coderus for aarch64

You can compile it easily using the Sailfish SDK. There’s no reason to install devel packages to your phone.

also on freebsd? and why can’t i compile on the phone for the phone when i can compile on the pc for pc? after all the phone is also a computer and has even a better processor

FreeBSD is not a supported operating system for our SDK. Perhaps you could e.g. run Linux in a virtual machine?

It’s definitely possible to compile on the phone as well, I know that there are people who do it. I still don’t recommend it though, especially if it’s your daily driver. And it’s not a scenario which we support.

You can try this:
https://together.jolla.com/question/26605/howto-install-a-chroot-for-building-apps/
Should allow installing dev packages that would break your phone in the chroot for compilation (just skip the btrfs steps as that’s not used since Jolla1)

1 Like

… and you’re lucky too this gives an error nowadays.

In the past it would just install and some packages bricked your device.

Does FBSD support docker (or rather the other way around)? if yes you can also use coderus’ docker images to build.

Building on the phone really isn’t ideal except for rather simple packages, for various reasons. One is that some devel packages break the device.

And if you decide to do it anyway: never never never build as root user. rpmbuild will destroy system files if you do.

2 Likes