Incorrect battery % level in Android Support (updated only at AS start, then no update)

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.19
HARDWARE: Both 10 III and XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: Polish
REGRESSION: It seems to have been introduced in 4.5.0.16

DESCRIPTION:

Battery % in Android Support is correct only upon Android Support start. Then it never gets updated.

PRECONDITIONS:

None.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Launch Android support. Go to e.g. Android Settings / Battery, or to any other place or any Android app showing battery % level. Compare it with the Sailfish OS side, they are the same.
  2. Wait some time until battery % drops as displayed on the Sailfish OS side.
  3. Compare it with battery % shown in Android support. It is wrong. It should have decreased by the same amount as on SFOS, but it didn’t change at all since Android support launch.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Battery % changes should be updated in Android support the same way as in SFOS. Both should be showing the same battery level.

ACTUAL RESULT:

In Android Support correct battery level is shown only right after it was started. Then it does not get updated.

MODIFICATIONS:

None.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

It is the same on both my 10 III and my XA2 Ultra.

The following screenshot shows different battery levels shown simultaneously by SFOS and Android support (it was taken when screens where in the middle of being switched, so they are translucent):

2 Likes

I also have an XA2 Ultra with SFOS 4.5.0.19 and can not confirm this. For me Android settings displays consistently 1% less than SFOS, during usage as well as while charging.

On my X10 native app Battery Log is correct while charging but after some display powerdowns stops updates at one point. This happens for a looong time. IIRC it began at 4.0.

1 Like

Hmmmm… I’ve got it on both 10 III and XA2 Ultra, and in both cases I’ve noticed it for the first time only after 4.5.0.16 update, so it doesn’t look like a unique, individual problem… I’ve waited quite long before reporting it as a bug, but it is 100% reproducible on both my devices.

So… Am I really the only one with this problem? It’s hard for me to believe given that both my 10 III and XA2 Ultra have it…

No, seems like I have it too, 1st image, uptime of 25 days, 2nd; after a reboot.

1 Like

Thank you @emva, your screenshots show exactly the same problem, so it’s definitely a bug.