Incoming call screen disappeared in 4.1.0.24

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Always
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.1.0.24
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): XA2 single sim
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

since updating to 4.1.0.24, my XA2 shows no incoming call screen. When a call comes, the screen goes blank and does not accept any action. I disabled all patches in Patchmanager, but this does not help. Si a am wondering if I should uninstall patchmanager? (I had installed the return old incoming call screen patch - but this never worked in recent OSes.

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. update your XA2 to 4.1.0.24 (i guess)
  2. wait for someone calling you
  3. try to pick up that call

EXPECTED RESULT:

a incoming call screen, to allow for picking up that call

ACTUAL RESULT:

a blank screen not allwing any action. (Picture shows incoming call)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

I got the same thing with “Returning old incoming call screen” installed.
Uninstall it (not just disabled) and reboot.
It did the trick for me.

thank you - so far it does not bring success on my phone. I deleted Return old incoming call screen, restarted, did not work, deleted some other non working patches, now trying to delete patchmanager too.

I can’t replicate this issue on a freshly updated XA2 Plus dual sim

✓ outbound calls work
✓ inbound calls work

Out of curiosity, do outbound calls work with your phone?

You can try in terminal:
devel-su pkcon install --allow-reinstall voicecall-ui-jolla

thanks a bunch, now it works again (after some typos). And @unmaintained: inbound calls did not work, outbound worked as usual. (quite a pity, as I like the idea of patches in general and I would prefer the old incoming call screen too :wink: )

The patch did not do anything on my XA2, so I rebooted the device in order to get the old calling menu back. As a punishment the browser doesn’t work properly , GPS doesn’t work and some apps are not available anymore. Sailfish 4 certainly is a progress, yet I wished Jolla gave us the option to get the original calling gesture back, just as a choice?

In 4.3 I am not able to pick up a call when in browser. I am in the browser, someone calls, I swipe and the calling menu disappears.