Improving SFOS apps design and helping with design

Wow, no need to get all worked up about it. I guess you misread my “proper” up there. I don’t want to include a fully fledged media player in there; just something for a quick preview with the ability to see the length and seek to a position. I already implemented a video preview but it’s still a bit too simple for my taste. For everything else, you can open a file externally (xdg-open).

I don’t quite get what you mean. Kari’s / my File Browser just browses files and gives you previews or some extra info; as you said: “Just like on desktop.” Where do you see that kind of feature creep?

True, but there’s no place yet to collect more content-oriented components like the one’s we discussed.

Me neither; maybe people are just lazy and don’t want to read the docs. Or they don’t have an eye for aesthetics, or they just don’t care…

So another candidate for a collection :).

Absolutely!

That would be great!

1 Like

then yeah my player is not what you want.

Some file managers have text editors… and some web browsers have file managers staring intensively at webcat and all of leszek’s creations

no no, if they were lazy then creation called spaceport wouldn’t happen. Go and have a look at it and tell me in eyes that it isn’t ugly on purpose

no wait i confused apps, i was talking about musikilo. that one has tab layout. look how dead simple it is https://github.com/Michal-Szczepaniak/Musikilo/blob/master/Musikilo/qml/pages/Main.qml

hook me up with invite or i should create it?

1 Like

Ah, well, okay.

That… is a bit over the top, indeed :’)

Hmm… yeah. I’m sure that took a lot of work :(.

That is really simple! (Mine mostly adds support for multiple rows and special handling of horizontal layouts.)

You should receive an email; here’s the new org: https://github.com/SFOS-Community-Components

If anyone has a better idea for the name I’m all in for renaming it! (The sooner the better.)

1 Like

Call it pretty sfos and it should be enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, nice one! Here we go: https://github.com/Pretty-SFOS

2 Likes

Let’s license everything under my beloved WTFPL or Beerware if you want beer :smiley:

1 Like

I’m more a fan of GPL / FDL but for the moment I’d say let’s keep the licenses as they are. We’re not yet creating new content, just collecting stuff that is already licensed one way or the other…

Yet ;). I just don’t have the time to give all my projects the love they deserve…

… with the tag you clicked on already selected. You can just swipe right to accept it or you can add more tags to your search. If that wasn’t obvious, I should change something…

Actually, I think it’s quite simple and gives a nice flow when you’re using the app. Have to think about it.

Right, I’ll make tabs.

Thanks :). The graphs are a bit complicated. I already fixed many issues and it finally works most of the time. I’ll have another look on it.

I think that’s solved in a nice way in the original Wunderfitz. (This reminds me of my pull request upstream. My package on Openrepos is terribly outdated.)

Thank you :)!

For those developers who are still not happy with their app icon design, struggle to get it into the look and feel of Sailfish OS or are just not having fun designing an app icon, feel free to reach out.

You can always include me and the request in a comment on GitHub, if you have your app source available there.

Examples of my app icon designs

harbour-worldclock harbour-videoPlayer harbour-valuelogger2 harbour-storeman harbour-simplemahjong harbour-sidudict harbour-sailotp harbour-sailhn harbour-sailfishconnect harbour-quaycentral harbour-qrclip harbour-papocchio harbour-nextcloudnotes harbour-mpw harbour-lyrics harbour-lgremote-webos harbour-infraview harbour-hostisdown harbour-epoch-calcharbour-captains-log harbour-base64 harbour-barwal harbour-audiocut harbour-addbuy harbour-acid-pass

16 Likes

Please find a way to make hanging the phone easier, meaning phone calls. There are times when you have more than one app page up and yes, I know if you down swipe it will show all the apps that are open and you can select the phone page and end the call… but maybe a diagonal swipe that will bring up the phone page that will allow you to hang up faster . One swipe vs more than one swipe.

I know when I am driving and need to hang up the phone things become a real hassle.

Thanks

1 Like