1. Open the MMS
  2. Click on the picture
  3. touch the “download button”

EXPECTED RESULT:

Picture saved in the gallery

ACTUAL RESULT:

Notification : impossible to save the picture

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

4 Likes

Same for me like as There is no permission to write

2 Likes

Quick solution

devel-su
vi /usr/share/applications/jolla-messages.desktop
at the end of line  Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;RemovableMedia add ;Pictures
it should looks like this Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;RemovableMedia;Pictures
Save file

After relaunch Messages app it will be possible to save images from MMS

6 Likes

Thanks for reporting. Internal bug created.

Thanks for finding the reason. Indeed, “Pictures” is missing from the permissions of Messages app.

To be fixed on 4.4.0.

2 Likes

Thank, work great.
my last problem is that I can’t send an MMS

Sorry but I can’t help with this issue. My Jolla C can send MMS without problem.
So it looks like there is difference in MMS implementation in SailfishOS X and SailfishOS on Jolla C.

1 Like

Hi
I don’t find a file called jolla-message.desktop but just a file called messages in /usr/share/applications
(and i have the same thing on my x10ii ir in the XA2 of my wife)

When i open it with gedit, i saw that:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Messages
X-MeeGo-Logical-Id=messages-ap-name
X-MeeGo-Translation-Catalog=messages
Icon=icon-launcher-messaging
Exec=/usr/bin/sailjail – /usr/bin/jolla-messages
Comment=Jolla messaging
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/sms;
X-Maemo-Service=org.sailfishos.Messages
X-Maemo-Method=org.sailfishos.Messages.openUrl

[X-Sailjail]
Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;RemovableMedia
OrganizationName=org.sailfishos
ApplicationName=Messages

So something has changed between SailfishOS for Jolla C and SailfishOS X.
But it looks like the same file but without “jolla-” in name.

Just add Pictures to Permissions and it should work.

1 Like

In fact, to begin smoothly (i’m not a dev or a computer scientist at all) i tried to find the file with nautilus via the gui of my debian.
But when i use the command line, i find the file !!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I also solved my problem :slight_smile:
And thanks at Adrien.D for explanations about Vi !

It doesnt help in my xperia X

@delocoyo can you show output of:

cat /usr/share/applications/jolla-messages.desktop

cat /usr/share/applications/jolla-messages.d
esktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Messages
Comment=Jolla messaging

[X-Sailjail]
Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;RemovableMedia;Pictures
ApplicationName=Messages

@delocoyo you made mistake, this file should looks like this

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Messages
Comment=Jolla messaging

[X-Sailjail]
Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;RemovableMedia;Pictures
ApplicationName=Messages

You have added Pictures after RemovableMedia so in wrong line.

ok thanks, I dont know why I got it like has to be added Pictures at the end. I give it a try now.

Sorry I made small mistake, now it’s fixed

after rebooting the phone , the mms still is not working. ummmm, I dont know if I need something else?

Type=Application                                                                                                                                      
Name=Messages                                                                                                                                         
Exec=/usr/bin/sailjail -- /usr/bin/jolla-messages                                                                                                     
Comment=Jolla messaging                                                                                                                               

[X-Sailjail]                                                                                                                                          
Permissions=Contacts;Messages;CommunicationHistory;Privileged;Ambience;Sharing;Pictures;RemovableMedia                                                
ApplicationName=Messages                                                                                                                              
~                                 

sorry, whats that? Is something I need to do?

1 Like

Just paste your output, select pasted output and click this icon.