Title sais it basically.
This Profile is most often seen in Car kits, but also things like “Bluetooth Diallers” use it.
SFOS already has a nice database for messages, what’s missing is the API/bus glue to the bluetooth layer.
- Must: Allow reading messages and lists of messages from connected bluetooth device
- Should: Allow sending (text) messages from connected bluetooth device
- Nice-To-Have: Display Notifications as “messages” to connected bluetooth device
- Nice-To-Have: XMPP and other messaging applications using Sailfish messaging infrastructure
- Out-of-Scope: Any of the plethora of instant messaging apps/protocols implemented in their own app. This is not what is meant by messages here.