I can not select a calendar when I import an ics file

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.19
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: as the title says

DESCRIPTION:

I have multiple calendars in my calendar app.
When I receive an ics file with an appointment by mail and want to import it, I cannot select in which calendar the appointment should be entered.
The only preselection that always appears is the calendar in which I last saved an appointment.

I can’t tell if the problem first appeared with 4.5.0.19.
In any case in 4.4.0.72. it works as expected.

PRECONDITIONS:

The calendar app should have more than one calendar. In my case it is an MS Exchange calendar and two caldav calendars.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. receive an email with an ics file attached.

EXPECTED RESULT:

Tap the attachement.
The calendar app opens to import the appointment.
Now you should be able to choose in which calendar the appointment should be entered.

ACTUAL RESULT:

There is no selection option.
The calendar in which the last appointment was saved is always preselected.

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

4 Likes

With only 2 local calendars, I can choose. (XA2, SFOS 4.5.0.19). So, when Exchange is in the game, the result is different? I can’t check that.

I have the same issue on 4.5.0.19 with Sony Xperia 10 II. I also have multiple calendars including 2 exchange accounts, 2 caldavs and 1 O365.

2 Likes

Just a simple question first, are all of these calendars visible ? In the sense that, in the calendar setting page (see pull down menu in calendar application), are they checked ?

Another question, when you create a new event, is the calendar list containing them ?

There is a change in 4.5.0 that makes the calendar list in the import dialog to be filtered on “activated” calendars. Which means that you can import events only to calendars that are visible, calendars where you can create new event to.

That could also be a bug…

Yes, all calendars are visible/active.

When I create a new event all calendars are visible and I can choose one of them.

By the way, the bug always occurs, no matter if I activate all calendars, only a part of them, or none at all.

Added to internal tracker

1 Like

The fix should arrive in the next release

2 Likes

4.5.0.24 XA2: import of an event just looked weird. Couldn’t choose the calendar to import to, from email app it allowed to create duplicates, while from file browser there was a warning that it was already there. It doesn’t look ok… The event was from an XG with 4.5.0.24, all day selected, ICS file is very compact compared to some time ago, where it included a lot of timezone information.

Hi, @dcaliste just helped me out with a patch:

--- /usr/share/jolla-calendar/pages/ImportPage.qml.org  2023-03-14 15:14:32.000000000 +0000
+++ /usr/share/jolla-calendar/pages/ImportPage.qml      2023-11-08 13:03:14.339011931 +0000
@@ -93,7 +93,9 @@
             CalendarSelector {
                 id: calendarSelector

-                anchors.bottom: dropInvitationSwitch.top
+                // anchors.bottom: dropInvitationSwitch.top
+               anchors.top: parent.top
+               anchors.topMargin: Theme.paddingLarge
                 visible: !importModel.error
                 //: Shown as placeholder for non-existant notebook, e.g. when default notebook has been deleted
                 //% "(none)"