How to deal with error messages of an app (e.g. AllRadio), libs not found, how can I fix it?

Volla / 4.5.0.21
If I start AllRadio by CLI, the app works but I get the following error messages:

andrea@andrea-Voom-Laptop-Max:~$ ssh volla
Last login: Fri Nov 17 13:00:36 2023 from 192.168.0.25
,---
| Sailfish OS 4.5.0.21 (Struven ketju)
'---
[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ harbour-allradio
[W] unknown:0 - SailfishApp::application() called multiple times
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libui_compat_layer.so" not found
library "libpq_cust.so" not found
[W] unknown:44 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:44:13: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/allradio-data/images/the netherlands.png
[W] unknown:56 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:56:24: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[W] unknown:56 - file:///usr/share/harbour-allradio/qml/pages/Favorites.qml:56:24: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS2
[D] onReadyChanged:54 - http://orf-live.ors-shoutcast.at/oe1-q2a
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS4

# this occurs repeatedly when scrolling the station list while radio plays.

[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS1
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS2
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS4
[D] onStatusChanged:236 - STATUS1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ 

Is it necessary to install the missing libs manually by CLI? is this possible? I canā€™t find them anywhere.

library ā€œlibui_compat_layer.soā€ not found
library ā€œlibpq_cust.soā€ not found

Thanks for any hint!

edit: the same libs reported as missing when launching a Jolla app:

[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ jolla-notes
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
library "libui_compat_layer.so" not found
library "libpq_cust.so" not found
[defaultuser@VollaPhone ~]$ 

I guess you should contact simonsen about this issue.

It looks like @carmenfdezb has some ā€˜fairlyā€™ recent PR requests: Sfos 4.5 by carmenfdezb Ā· Pull Request #30 Ā· nesnomis/harbour-allradio Ā· GitHub

@carmenfdezb is it running for you? I have it running under 4.4.0.72 (GS290). another chum candidate!

1 Like

I donā€™t think that Simonsen can do much, as this error msg also comes when launching a Jolla app via CLI.

I rather think that something has to be installed that provides these two libs, that is presently not installed yet. But what is it? By searching on Storeman and Chum I couldnā€™t find anything!

These are not relevant errors where that core dump is concerned. Iā€™ll try to compile it from @carmenfdezb repo and see if it runs on my GS5.

2 Likes

So, carmenā€™s build works fine. Iā€™ll set up a build file to build on github so you can test.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what you guys are tryng to do, but for me allradio v1.6 installed on my X10III from here, works perfectly well. SFOS 4.5.

3 Likes

I guess @carmenfdezbā€™s patch is polishing further.

1 Like

Ok, cool. I think @adelā€™s version doesnā€™t have sailjail? @carmen also fixed mpris for some issues I have not encountered.

Adelā€™s version is what I have on my 4.4 device.

1 Like

You think absolutely right. :wink:

Itā€™s very strange. Right now I tested to start ALL harbour-* apps (12 on my Volla-phone) from CLI, they all work fine and all report these 2 missing libs. I will later proceed testing with all jolla-* apps and all sailfish-* apps and have a look whatā€™s the matter there.

Those errors are always there. ignore them.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll do so, the apps work, but I was curious what this is!

1 Like

I have to finish a couple of other things first, but I always wanted to have a free text search. I hate having to scroll so far to find CJSW 90.9

2 Likes

Sorry for the late answer. Yes, it works fine for me in sfos 4.5, and itā€™s a great idea if you add it to chum repository. Thank you for your work, @poetaster!!

2 Likes

And I fixed controls in lockscreen, it was not working in the last version available in openrepos.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @carmenfdezb , but where is it? I canā€™t find it on Chum, Storeman and Openrepos Homepage.

You can try from here: https://github.com/carmenfdezb/harbour-allradio/releases/download/1.6.0-1/harbour-allradio-1.6.0-1.aarch64.rpm

2 Likes

Thank you so much @carmenfdezb !! :star_struck:

My installed version of AllRadio had the same version number 1.6.0.1 and was from june 2023. Now I installed the new version over the old one, and :star_struck:WOW!! :heart_eyes: It runs a lot faster and smoother now, stations begin quicker to play after selecting them and UI is some kind of smoother and more reactive! Thanks again @carmenfdezb !

1 Like

Cool. How about: Iā€™ll work off you fork. Detach it, put it into the sailfishos-chum organization and push it to chum.

Thank you for fixing mpris! I donā€™t use it much, but itā€™s always on my phone for long drives camping when we do get ot.

1 Like