I try to login to Radisson hotel wifi, which has this login option without username/password combo before accessing to web. But login page shows blank page and I cannot login. Is there way to do this?
Try switching the browser to Desktop mode, sometimes that helps.
Seems that it’s not controlled browser, which is opened. What might be other option to try?
I got it working with disabling mobile data and then enabling wifi to hotel spot. After several attempt it succeeded somehow. But key was to disable mobile data during login.
I got exactly the same issue. Once data network was disabled the captive portal appeared.
Usually, I open neverssl.com to force the registration.
I think it might be good to pay attention to this in case it turns out to be a bug or otherwise needs improvement on the OS side. Captive portal detection is a bit hit and miss in general, but it seems to work pretty well on at least Android and Windows nowadays. Sounds like Sailfish here is detecting that the WLAN doesn’t have internet access and is routing everything to WWAN, including the captive portal page that would need to be accessed via the WLAN. It’s of course not that big of a deal to temporarily turn off WWAN manually for login, but it’s expected to work automatically.
I could make bug of this.
Yeah, would be great. Had also problems with the captive login. And its a regression, even on the C2 with the most messy WiFi-Driver any Sailfish-Device has ever been shipped with, it was usable much more reliable.
For the records. I used the app “CPH” from storeman a lot of times, when login in captive portals failed. And it worked very good. On JP it doesnt help.
