PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Install Here We go from Jolla store
  2. Allow GPS & other request
  3. Blank screen

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

HereWeGo recently changed their UI and it stopped working on my XA2. But I didn’t get a blank screen. That’s probably not a bug, but a bad setup on your phone.
I reverted to the previous version of HereWeGo 2.0.15189 and it works perfectly.

1 Like

I actually find the latest Here WeGo, with the new interface, far more usable than any version in the past several years. I was kind of surprised how well it works on Xperia 10 II. The one from Jolla store has been unusable for quite a while, at least for me.

Good to know… The problem is I have to get an older version. Actually I also teste Here 2.0 from Aptoide and the problem in that case is the lack of the voice support.

On XA2 it lacks the voices

Actually what is installed on my phone is 2.0.11510…

I’ve been having problems with HerWeGo for a while now because I had to reflash. After that I could see the initial screen after setup and as soon as I wanted to enter my account the screen went black. Since it is an Android app I looked in other areas for replacements, but either malewarebytes warned me about trackers or after installation I could not set a language. All attempts were in vain.
So I got my Lumia 950 again 2 weeks ago and went with it. Since, however, the maps were anno tobac, but since I actually knew the route I arrived. But that was the last ride with the Lumia.

I have then first decided to Magic Earth, is also Android, but the app WARDEN describes Magic Earth Tracker free. During the test drive, the program made a good impression.

This afternoon I finally solve it. I downloaded the 2.0.15189 version which is NOT provided from the Jolla Store. I found it directly from the Here website. And it works. The Jolla Store needs an update.

1 Like

Funny,
when I go to HERE to download the Android app I end up on Google Play and get HERE WeGo - City Navigation offered. What do I do outside of cities?
Then I look at Google Play the HERE WeGo BETA, which is then unfortunately again speechless.

Hello @gfwp,
I was not able to find the 2.0.15189 on here.com Where did you find the apk?
Installing APKPure and the install the Here WeGo Version 2.0.15189 worked for me in my XA2
Stephan

4.4.000 is in the Aurora Store and working okish. I use it for car navigation when traffic warnings are needed. It is a bit on the slow side on my XA2, 4,4.

Probably APKPure if you’re desperate.
This version has been playing up since SF 3.3 (freezing every 25 mins or so). Will try the 4.4 version.

Apkmirror IIRC. Or alternatively apkpure. Apkpure is a pain.