Help me with calendar sync please :(

Hi everyone. I have decided at last to get to work calendar sync via Radicale. I have set it up, server is on my raspberry pi. I have reached a point, when my Thunderbird syncs a calendar to raspberry pi, but now I am stuck at syncing to my jolla calendar app. I have set up CalDAV account with ip address and port, username and password. It done configuration without errors, it sees “My calendar” in account settings, but jolla calendar app cannot see it. Could someone help please?

Here is the log from journalctl grep caldav:
Aug 11 14:11:46 Sailfish [2476]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:48 Sailfish estart[22799]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:48 Sailfish [2476]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:49 Sailfish estart[22799]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:49 Sailfish [2476]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:50 Sailfish estart[22799]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:11:50 Sailfish [2476]: [W] unknown:0 - writeProfileFile() called, forcing disk write: “/home/nemo/.cache/msyncd/sync/caldav-sync-30.xml”
Aug 11 14:21:04 Sailfish caldav-client[23042]: [W] unknown:0 - Unable to register dbus service “com.buteo.msyncd.plugin.caldav-sync-29” , terminating.
Aug 11 14:22:07 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2411]: dbus-daemon[2411]: [session uid=100000 pid=2411] Activating service name=‘com.google.code.AccountsSSO.SingleSig nOn’ requested by ‘:1.2600’ (uid=100000 pid=23050 comm="/usr/lib/buteo-plugins-qt5//oopp/caldav-client cal")
Aug 11 14:22:08 Sailfish caldav-client[23050]: [W] unknown:0 - “PROPFIND” request failed. 401 “Cannot parse response body for PROPFIND”
Aug 11 17:11:04 Sailfish caldav-client[29900]: Unable to load account 29
Aug 11 17:11:04 Sailfish caldav-client[29900]: [W] unknown:0 - cannot find account 29
Aug 11 17:11:04 Sailfish [2476]: [W] unknown:0 - Could not initialize client plugin: “caldav”
Aug 11 17:11:06 Sailfish dbus-daemon[2411]: dbus-daemon[2411]: [session uid=100000 pid=2411] Activating service name=‘com.google.code.AccountsSSO.SingleSig nOn’ requested by ‘:1.2631’ (uid=100000 pid=29916 comm="/usr/lib/buteo-plugins-qt5//oopp/caldav-client cal")
Aug 11 17:11:07 Sailfish caldav-client[29916]: [W] unknown:0 - “PROPFIND” request failed. 401 “Cannot parse response body for PROPFIND”

Sorry, but I can’t see the misconfiguration, but here the combination of Jolla and Radicale works almost hassle free.

Next steps:

1. Check the server logs. Is there a connection attempt and error message in the logs?
  2. HTTP vs. HTTPS mismatch? tcpflow/wirehark might help.

Can you get a sync log from device following CalDAV and CardDAV Community Contributions | Sailfish OS Documentation

Particularly the msyncd daemon log.

Thank you.

Here is the log:
https://droptext.cc/u2o4t

Thank you for the log(s). Why did you provided two logs ?

Let’s concentrate on the first one, I try to understand your setup. You have two CalDAV accounts on your device, right ? In the first log, after starting the msyncd daemon from command-line, you triggered a manual sync (from calendar or system setting UI I suppose). Beside a non fatal PROPFIND issue, the calendar called “Muj kalendar” is properly found. And then, I suppose, you’ve seen appearing the lines New network state: true New type: "WLAN" ( 2 ) but nothing happened more.

From this first log, one can say that:

• the server address and port are correct and server is reachable,
  • the authentication on the server is also correct and the server properly answer the PROPFIND requests,
  • there is one calendar hosted on the server.

Now, the caldav plugin should output more things after the line Already existing calendar: .... But it seems to hang somewhere. Immediately after, there should be a line like found notebook: ... for remote calendar: /nemo/.... But there is none ? Further more, the msyncd daemon is not reporting anything about the caldav plugin process. It should report, either a success, a failure or a segfault. The only last possibility is a timeout. Maybe you can set the sync of your two caldav accounts to manual only (currently they are fetching every minute) and wait with msyncd up to the moment the daemon is actually aborting the caldav plugin and reporting a timeout. In that case, the plugin is hanging somewhere. There are few lines of code between the last debug line and the expected next one. I cannot imagine how it can hang, except for a process lock when reading a config file… Can you disable all caldav account except the one for test and retry ?

Sorry for not being able to help you much at the moment with such a response !

Hi,

1. provided two logs is a mistake - I used command twice and didn´t notice it :smiley:
  2. my setup is just one caldav account.My list of accounts is:
    a) radicale caldav account (not working, we are solving this)
    b) jolla account
    c, d, e) three mail accounts
    nothing more in accounts page.
  3. imagine my setup: I have raspberry pi with working pihole. So I decided to add one more function - caldav server via Radicale. It is supposed to work like this: My PC with Windows and Thunderbird has to be synced with my Jolla-Calendar app in both directions - I add an event on my phone, it has to be synced to my Thunderbird on my PC. And the other way - I add an event on my PC, it has to be synced to my Jolla-Calendar app.

When I was creating Caldav account, I only wrote login and password and provided an IP address and port of Radicale server. It completed configuration without errors and in accounts page under caldav settings I see “Muj kalendar” (my calendar), but in jolla calendar is not displayed.

Ok, no problem about the two logs, I commented only the first one anyway, the second got no relevant information for the problem at hand.

There’s something strange going on here because the log is mentioning a second caldav sync profile: caldav-sync-29 (the sync profile associated to your Radicale account is called caldav-sync-30). Since it’s not listed in the account UI, I’m wondering if it’s not a spurious remnant from a failed configuration attempt.

Can you give the output of devel-su -p ag-tool list-accounts ? ag-tool is a command line utility to fiddle with accounts, and available in libaccounts-glib-tools if not already installed. I guess that account 30 will be listed but not account 29.

If so, can you list what is inside this directory: devel-su -p ls -l ~/.cache/msyncd/sync ? You should see a file caldav-sync-29.xml and a file caldav-sync-30.xml. Move somewhere else or delete the -29.xml one.

Then, can you sync again with debug on and post the log ? Can you wait for the sync plugin timeout if necessary, so msyncd is reporting in its log the actual output of the sync plugin ? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for reply - here is the result of first command

ID Provider Name

30 onlinesync Radicale
19 email x@seznam.cz
9 email xx@seznam.cz
7 email xxx@seznam.cz
6 jolla malakay1989

second one listed xml file caldav-sync-29 and caldav-sync-30. I removed 29.
now im going to try sync again

log available here
https://droptext.cc/wigy8

still nothing? Please help, still not working :frowning:

Yeh, sorry, I didn’t reply. The new log just confirm that the old account was not interferring…

The next step I can think of, would be to compile a specific package with some more debug information. If you don’t mind installing it, I can provide it. Which phone and version are you using ?

xperia x with sfos 3.4.0.24

Step 1, update to a current version.

1 Like

thanks, that really helped :smiley: I dont want to.